Ridiculous ads and titles

This has been talked about before, but ladies, please try to remember your target audience on your ads. You're not targeting your 18 year old facebook friends, nieces, nephews, etc on your ads, so please don't make ads that are practically unreadable.

If you don't believe me, you can see the poll in this thread by lazaruslong : http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=104846

60% of the guys answering said they will just completely ignore ads like that.

Ad titles like this are just ridiculous:

"®¡dd£€ M€ †h¡§ & ®¡dd£€ M€ †ha† ★ WhØ WÂN†§ †Ø ⓟ£Â¥ W¡†h †h€ ⓟ®€††¡€§† K∂†"

I couldn't agree more. When I see that I think '12 year old with a faulty keyboard'
Maybe I suffer from old man syndrome, but I skip most of those ads.
I have to assume several things when I see ads like that.

1. They are not targetting my wallet. Perhaps they prefer young, pimp-wannabees, or whatever, but they really don't want to see my old, grey-haired and overweight ass dragging thru their door.

2. They think it is cute. And their target audience thinks it is cute.

3. It must work, there must be a market for them, cuz they are still doing it.

4. With that type of ad, they probably are not my target provider. It saves me a lot of time looking at ads, I can avoid all of those. I know, I probably put too much emphasis on written communication skills. But we have hundreds of ladies in the DFW area. Trying to decide who to see can be overwhelming. So anything they can do to help me reduce the potential numbers, I should be thankful. And for me, being able to communicate is important.

5. High likelihood there is a pimp somewhere in their closet. It is difficult to type in that manner. damn near impossible for someone who actually knows their way around a keyboard. I can't believe that each individual lady has mastered that technique. Makes me wonder if there is one pimp/manager for most of these gals.

Please, continue to post in this manner. You are helping me out greatly. Besides, I generally prefer 35 and older. Those ladies rarely use such crazy antics to get my attention. They figure good service and reputation are more important than a flashy ad.
It gives off the impression that they are either ghetto or think they are creative.
It gives off the impression that they are either ghetto or think they are creative. Originally Posted by Anastasia Roberts
Yep... usually the first thing that comes to my mind is "backpage/craigslist", so I immediately expect a shitty experience like ones that generally happen from those sites.

You don't see the top ladies making ads like that.

Now watch, Alyssa Nicole will probably make one just to fuck with everyone

Now watch, Alyssa Nicole will probably make one just to fuck with everyone Originally Posted by still-asleep
You didn't appreciate the creativity behind my dwarf tossing or eat more veggies ad?
It gives off the impression that they are either ghetto or think they are creative. Originally Posted by Anastasia Roberts
From my experience, it means they think they are being creative because they are too ghetto to realize they are being stupid.
Wow that sucks. There's actually a big rubber stamp that says "I will be a bad experience, please move on" and they bend over backwards to post it on all ads.

Hey don't you WANT them to KEEP doing that so you can cross them off faster? It definitely cuts down on research time....
+1. When I see an ad like that I know for a fact that I won't be opening it. No interest whatsoever in anyone that's inclined to do that. I'd rather fuck a cantoulope. At least I'll respect it and myself in the morning.
  • Jaci
  • 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Awwww thats their inner creativity!!!!!
lol
You didn't appreciate the creativity behind my dwarf tossing or eat more veggies ad? Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
I got yer veggies right here

Cucumber, anyone??
You didn't appreciate the creativity behind my dwarf tossing or eat more veggies ad? Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
Of course I did.. I missed the dwarf tossing one, but thought the eat more veggies was great! That's why I said you would be the one who would come up with something creative to mess with us on this subject.
I love your "eat your veggies" ad.
  • S-Man
  • 04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey don't you WANT them to KEEP doing that so you can cross them off faster? It definitely cuts down on research time.... Originally Posted by LovingKayla
I am definitely in the minority. I prefer the ladies to continue posting ads with special characters in the titles. It helps me decide which ads to ignore immediately.
I think some girls post that way to let loose their "creativity".
They have a desire to be a graphic artist. Girls, don't let that override your desire to be a class-act Provider...keep the typography simple and easy to read.