Top Military Officers Unload on Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/598360/

The commander in chief is impulsive, disdains expertise, and gets his intelligence briefings from Fox News. What does this mean for those on the front lines?

The generals I spoke with didn’t agree on everything, but they shared the following five characterizations of Trump’s military leadership.

I. HE DISDAINS EXPERTISE

II. HE TRUSTS ONLY HIS OWN INSTINCTS

III. HE RESISTS COHERENT STRATEGY

IV. “HE IS REFLEXIVELY CONTRARY”

V. HE HAS A SIMPLISTIC AND ANTIQUATED NOTION OF SOLDIERING
Read the first couple of paragraphs. No names. Author spoke to a couple of generals...the usual tell-tale signs of a Dim hit piece.

"If true..."

Here's a partial list of web sources I usually don't trust...
The Atlantic
Vox
The New York Times
The Washington Post
The Daily Beast
Slate
Mother Jones
The New Yorker
LA Times

Most of these are flat out Dim propaganda arms. As a rule, most of the media sources based in NY, LA, Washington and the New England area aren't worth reading.
No names, no trust.
No names, no trust. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Yesterday evening Trump discussed the Middle Eastern military exercises from the four administrations before his and his previous criticism of the adventures opposed at the time. He's been consistent. He discussed his reasoning then and his justification now of that reasoning. Which was (and is) that the various factions/tribes in the Middle East have been "at war" for 1000's of years. He included Afghanistan as well.

Bottom line is ... he was elected and the "generals" weren't, even if the story were true.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2019, 06:52 AM
Top Military Officers Unload on Trump Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2019, 07:02 AM
No names, no trust. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Here is a fucking name...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mattis-s...e-on-in-syria/

Former Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis warned that if the United States does not keep pressure on ISIS in Syria, the terror group will “resurge,” in an interview set to air on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday.

I love Mattis, but he has no idea if that will happen. Even if he’s correct, it’d take a few hours to insert the 1/2 battalion or so that was in that AO.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2019, 01:47 PM
I love Mattis, but he has no idea if that will happen. Even if he’s correct, it’d take a few hours to insert the 1/2 battalion or so that was in that AO. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Ha Ha....but one would suppose that the Kurds would no longer do our dirty work.

I love Mattis, but he has no idea if that will happen. .... Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
It's safe to conclude he has more idea than you could ever have about that topic or any other for that matter. Besides I have every reason to believe he doesn't like blubber-babies like you.
LMAO. His guess is no better than anyone else’s, and definitely less informed than President Trump’s.
It's not just our top brass who know he's an idiot.

Since Trump’s election, said Schuwer, it is an ‘absolute mess’ in Washington, with Trump sidelining State Department officials who worked with diplomats. Ambassadors now start their day by scrolling through Trump’s morning tweets, Schuwer said. ‘Now everything is led from the White House.’

As a consequence, he said, ‘we have started focusing more on the states. If we can’t talk about the environment with the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, and we can’t, then we talk to California or Oregon. So the influence of a president who is so extreme in some areas is becoming less.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/1...ch-ambassador/

Direct cut and paste text from the article. It doesn't have the end quote. And it opened with a single apostrophe. Just sayin'.
It's not just our top brass who know he's an idiot.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/1...ch-ambassador/

Direct cut and paste text from the article. It doesn't have the end quote. And it opened with a single apostrophe. Just sayin'. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Dilbert, just a couple comments from one active military guy? I'm ignoring the retired guys, as everyone should.
Isis and all of the other radical groups will exist as long as Islam exists.

It’s really that simple. When you follow the teachings of a mass murdering megalomaniac who teaches to kill or enslave anyone who disagrees with his teachings, this is what you get.

President Trump is correct. Having young Americans die over in those shit hole countries is not going to change anything. The Generals who are so naive as to think that we can change thousands of years of ingrained hatred possess a unique combination of stupidity and naďveté that we have not seen since President Obama’s tenure as Commander in Chief.