Anybody been to the Big Cypress Lodge (Bas Pro Hotel)?

I've always wanted to go there in Memphis. When I was a kid, it was an ice rink and they did concerts there. But now it's a really cool hotel, and I've never been

**Bass
It's a huge Bass Pro Shops retail store, the hotel is supposed to be pretty nice. There's also a bowling alley with an outdoors theme. But the best part is the elevator ride to the top of the pyramid and the view from the two porches outside. Best view of the Mississippi River you'll ever see. (Unfortunately they charge $10 for the elevator ride, or at least did when I visited, but you get two drink tickets for the bar up top.)
Charging for an elevator ride? That's so tacky! They should re-consider that nonsense
  • Eli
  • 10-31-2021, 08:45 AM
They charge for the elevator ride ...but...they give you two free drink tickets. For $10 that seems fair....

Eli
Charging for an elevator ride? That's so tacky! They should re-consider that nonsense Originally Posted by eccieuser13
Unfortunate as it may seem, it's a necessity. Given it's proximity to I-40 and the state line, it would otherwise become nothing more than a free observation deck for hundreds of thousands of tourists. Facilities and elevators are expensive to maintain and so is parking. The key to it all is making sure every car in the parking lot brings a paying guest.
I've seen that building, its pretty cool. Didn't even realize it was a hotel! Guess I'll add that to my Tennessee Things to do. Does the elevator go to the very top?
I've seen that building, its pretty cool. Didn't even realize it was a hotel! Guess I'll add that to my Tennessee Things to do. Does the elevator go to the very top? Originally Posted by EnticeOrchids
Yes it goes to the top floor which is just beneath the point on the pyramid; there's a bar serving drinks there. There are two outdoor porches up there, one faces west and looks out over the Mississippi River, the other south with a view of the city. At least one of the porches has a transparent (glass?) floor.
Yea I stayed ther one night. Nice rooms . Dint pay for the view at the top it came with the room. Oh, btw acces tot he rooms are key card on elevator