Hello ABQ

I was a frequent visitor, but now I have relocated here permanently for work. Just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to everything this city has to offer. Restaurant suggestions are always appreciated.

TB
Hi tonguebath, and welcome to Abq! Kinda depends on what you are looking for in terms of eats, but restaurant row off I-25 and Jefferson area is always a good start, but mostly chains. For local New Mexican flair, more great choices, but some highlights might be El Bruno's, Church Street Café, Los Cuates, and many more. Happy hobbying! CB
Sadies seems to be the most suggested to me! But scalos is my fave!
Cervantes, Yanni's
Restaurant Antiquity in Old Town for your ATF SB. Pricy, but fantastic and romantic.
Brixens Downtown is fairly young but off to a great start with full spacious bar, excellent menu, and a creative chef and an owner who walks around the dining room shaking hands and meeting his guests..and remembers their names!
I might piss off some people but I think native NM food is terrible. Red or green chilie, yuck. Pasole, yuck.
I might piss off some people but I think native NM food is terrible. Red or green chilie, yuck. Pasole, yuck. Originally Posted by Hairytwatlover
Don't let the door hit you, where the good Lord split you.....
Cocina Azul, two locations. I visit the one on Mountain Rd NW/12th St NW. Don't listen to Hairytwatlover.
Don't let the door hit you, where the good Lord split you..... Originally Posted by UTRFriend
+1
Thanks to all, for the great suggestions. I've tried a few already and now I have a list of new places to visit.

I won't listen to HTL because I love Mexican food, especially posole and yes, even menudo. As a matter of fact i get a sack of Hatch green chiles every year, roast and freeze them to use throughout the year.

I think my favorite dish in the whole wide world is hispanic pussy. Yummy. Lol

TB
Sorry not sorry.
Sadies and pappadeaux are my faves ..

Mentionables include crackin crab.. Nick n jimmys (for lamb shank) and Vernons for experience.. It's a one time thing .. steaks are so-so.. for 90 bucks a plate your money is best spent elsewhere if you just want a good meal ... down n dirty is good for crawfish .. the range for breakfast .. blue corn pancakes yum! There's a new place where Texas land and cattle used yo be, I forget what it's called.. It's new Mexican food .. It's ok. I had blue corn enchiladas that were good but the rice and beans tasted like wypipo made it ... (no offense yall) ��
Now it's Tomasitas
  • Old-T
  • 03-21-2018, 11:27 AM
M'Tucci's on Coors is excellent Italian.

Eileen's on Central.

In the summer, the pizza & taco bar at the Pueblo Cultural Center--with live local music and a beer watching the mountains is a great way to spend the evening.