This is just fascinating...

So I just looked through 3 pages of Alerts and I must say that I was hard pressed to find anything happening in Kansas...
Of course every time a new traveling provider posts asking about where to stay the chorus of "stay out of Kansas" invariably pops up.. I'm curious, if it's so dangerous in Kansas, why are the overwhelming majority of alerts over in Missouri?
  • JS42
  • 05-14-2015, 08:58 PM
Gawd I love it when you get on a roll.
I must say that I was hard pressed to find anything happening in Kansas...
I'm curious, if it's so dangerous in Kansas, why are the overwhelming majority of alerts over in Missouri? Originally Posted by malwoody
Gawd I love it when you get on a roll. Originally Posted by JS42
Roll m-woody roll.

I do like what I consider a more secure hotel, where nothing ever happens (except those boring scrabble games), over in ... never-mind.
I think once or twice a year, someone notices this... someone mentions it... and then we go right back to bashing KS. A lady's, or gent's, level of risk is directly proportional to their screening skills and ability to verify their client or provider. Nothing more. They do stings and busts and set people up on both sides of the state line.
You never hear about hotel stings in Roeland Park and that is in JoCo, Just sayin'

I think once or twice a year, someone notices this... someone mentions it... and then we go right back to bashing KS. A lady's, or gent's, level of risk is directly proportional to their screening skills and ability to verify their client or provider. Nothing more. They do stings and busts and set people up on both sides of the state line. Originally Posted by AllThisMeat

I wonder if you could put up a sticky in alerts? Completely nailed it Amigo.

There are no providers in Ks MW.....LOL Hence no alerts.
MW - I think by no stings in Kansas, you probably mean no stings no stings on the Kansas side of the metro area. Its been a while (which usually means the next one is right around the corner), but stings are run in Topeka and Manhattan/KC.
Universal concealed carry has scared away everybody engaged in anything illicit.
I can safely stand in my front yard in upscale JOCO and cook hamburgers in my underwear again!
Malwoody -

We both know a traveling provider (who use to be located here) who will never stay in Kansas again. You might want to solicit her opinion.
I don't recommend they stay out of Kansas for LE reasons, I recommend they stay out of Kansas because, well, its Kansas. Sure there are nice hotels and nice residential areas and more money in JOCO. But where do you go in Kansas for any night life?
Doodah is the Shizznitz if you like the nightlife...its all about you doing it or wanting someone else to have fun for yah??
I don't recommend they stay out of Kansas for LE reasons, I recommend they stay out of Kansas because, well, its Kansas. Sure there are nice hotels and nice residential areas and more money in JOCO. But where do you go in Kansas for any night life? Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
Huh, Hell ! Nightlife?! You 'parently never been to Tonganoxie after dark.

...You 'parently never been to Tonganoxie after dark. Originally Posted by zeejoe
Is that what is referred to as the "Tonganoxie Split"?
No m-woody. That's basic cow tipping.

For the T split, you first get the bull hacked off.
He then body slams whatever he wants split in half.

Interesting corollary to things that happen elsewhere.