For All Those Who Deny Climate Change

• Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/op...&smid=fb-share

Watch them all try to shoot the messenger.
Climate change was started to create a new kind of greed. The first green billionaire Al Gore.
  • S O B
  • 09-14-2011, 08:42 AM
It's cyclical planetary physics... NOT manmade.
It IS a bit eye opening that the records we are breaking are over 100 years old. So .... was 1902 the last time we have "global warming"? It seems it was just as hot around here before this century. This drought isn't the first, this heat certainly isn't the hottest it's been.
  • Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Polar ice caps melting, oceans rising, unprecedented fires, you guys just keep on denying. Whether or not man is the primary cause is less important than the fact that man can do something about it.
news to you Booth. They ain't "unprecedented".
Based on the article the solution is higher energy prices so other so called "Green Energy" can compete. What a crock of shit.

The problem with the "Climate Change" desciples is how you keep changing the direction of your argument based on current trends. At one point in the recent past we were headed for another ice age. Then it was global warming. Now it is climate change. This one pretty much covers anything and everything. Is the climate changing? Sure. Is it caused by man? I don't think so but there are scientists that come down on both sides of the issue. Is man drastically affecting the climate? Again, there are plenty of very smart people that come down on both sides of the issue. The problem I have with you "Climate Change" desciples is how you want to make this an apocalyptic issue so major changes in our lifestyle must be made immediately. Booth, who do you think would suffer if the price of engery doubles? It damn sure isn't the wealthy. It's the middle class and below. You think our economy sucks right now just wait and see what the fuck happens if the "desciples" get their way.
  • Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM
news to you Booth. They ain't "unprecedented". Originally Posted by nuglet
So article after article citing the wildfires as the worst in Texas history are all wrong?
  • Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Based on the article the solution is higher energy prices so other so called "Green Energy" can compete. What a crock of shit.

The problem with the "Climate Change" desciples is how you keep changing the direction of your argument based on current trends. At one point in the recent past we were headed for another ice age. Then it was global warming. Now it is climate change. This one pretty much covers anything and everything. Is the climate changing? Sure. Is it caused by man? I don't think so but there are scientists that come down on both sides of the issue. Is man drastically affecting the climate? Again, there are plenty of very smart people that come down on both sides of the issue. The problem I have with you "Climate Change" desciples is how you want to make this an apocalyptic issue so major changes in our lifestyle must be made immediately. Booth, who do you think would suffer if the price of engery doubles? It damn sure isn't the wealthy. It's the middle class and below. You think our economy sucks right now just wait and see what the fuck happens if the "desciples" get their way. Originally Posted by Budman
Not all "disciples" favor the same radical economic solutions. I have to leave it at that for now but will get back to this one after work.
So article after article citing the wildfires as the worst in Texas history are all wrong? Originally Posted by Booth
YEP.
It is called no fucking rain in months not global warming. Shit happens and next year it will be something different. Oh and I love the carbon footprint crap. We breathe out carbon dioxide and that is what plants need. I do agree we need to keep our backyard clean, but it needs to make sense in how we do it.

Again first green billionaire is the all so crazy Al Gore.
  • Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
It is called no fucking rain in months not global warming. Shit happens and next year it will be something different. Oh and I love the carbon footprint crap. We breathe out carbon dioxide and that is what plants need. I do agree we need to keep our backyard clean, but it needs to make sense in how we do it.

Again first green billionaire is the all so crazy Al Gore. Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
Maybe he'll buy the presidency in 2016 just to watch all you guys shit your pants. I'd vote for him.
Gore's net worth is 100 million so Wylde.. please remove yourself from the conversation and let the adults speak.

Whether global warming is man made or not man made isnt the point. it is happening. If you read scientific american there is a great article about Siberia. The place that used to be frozen solid at alltimes. Now its lakes, and a shit ton of buried vegetale matter isnt so buried anymore. What does this thawed out matter do? it rots and give off Methane which is ten times worse than Carbon in the atmosphere.

Even if man isnt the cause, we had damn better be part of the solution or we'll ( well no we'll, it'll be hundreds of years) but the earth will shake us off like a dog does fleas.

We can't change the Suns spots, or the cyclical nature of the earth, but we can change the stupid shit we do.
  • Booth
  • 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Score one for B33. Well said.
If we are not the cause of global warming (if it exist) then what the fuck makes you think we can do a damn thing to stop it? I'm all for protecting our environment within reason, but to think we should give up fossil fuels or double our energy cost to slow consumption is stupid.