Burner Phone Options

Does anyone use an app on their real phone (like google voice, skype or a text program) instead of a burner phone?

Does anyone know if this is more risky that a pure burner?
I've used Google Voice & Skype before.

Google voice requires you to sign up with a Google account. You know nowadays you sign up for one google "account" and it gives you access to all their products (voice, gmail, docs, drive, etc etc etc).

You don't have to put any real info on your google account. For example. my provider gmail I have Victoria listed as my first name and Massages Houston as my last name, and that is it.

But, you then do have to link the Google voice number to a real phone number, so when people ring it, it knows where to send the calls. The other thing, is that if you want to call or text someone back from it, you have to do so from the pc while logged into your account. There is not a way to ring it from your existing phone and the Google voice number to show up on people's caller IDs. Because of this, I decided for myself it wasn't a good hobby option.

As far as Skype, I never used it to hobby with, but I did use it when I lived in the UK. I signed up for an account with them to be able to call the US. I paid something like only $5 a month (at the time). They gave me a "Skype phone number" that I would call, then would dial the number I was trying to call and it would connect me. However, again, my real phone number would come up on people's caller IDs.

Maybe Skype has changed now and have more options, I haven't looked into it in a while.

Cricket is a great burner phone option. It is easy to get a pay as you go plan with them and cheap phones.
There is no single best option that works for everyone.

I recommend a separate phone with a real dial l tone.....don't let apps on your main phone read your private data or tattoo your facebook.

Of course, I don't have facebook.

But, for many people, managing/hiding/accessing a separate phone is difficult....and have to rely on an app. It would be nice if we could get some kind of analysis of all the available apps. I use skype lines in real life and there are many useful features....some have to be or can be tied to a number.

Some additional ideas might be to get that real burner phone or sim card and set up a number...then use that number to power the app. That is what I do for wassup (what's app) So my wassup messaging isn't any other number that would show up anywhere or be in someone's contact list.

I'll say this,...it is very difficult to truly be anonymous and make it all foolproof....

....especially when whores share you info.

ijs
This subject is probably the most discussed on ECCIE do a search probably will find a lot of information.

Back to topic I use separate phone using Straight Talk network only $45 and no personal information is required. The reason for separate phone is that I want my RW and Hobby life to be completely separate.

Sam
Right - two camps. I like a burner phone, as I can just leave it at the office and only turn it on if I am hobbying. I bought it with cash, and refill it with cash. Some feel that's too risky cuz someone (SO) might find the phone.

Others want an app on their only device, and either hide the app or uninstall it when not used. I would probably forget to hide the app, so I don't like that option.
plus the app can read all your shit and Facebook spying on and commingling every account.....also spying on you by your mac address like eccie does.
Hushed or Burner iPhone Apps are good choices.

https://hushed.com

http://burnerapp.com