Now We Have "Calexit".

Twitter is alive with disgruntled Left Coast Liberals screaming bloody murder over the defeat of The Hildabeast. Disgruntled to the point of entertaining leaving the Union.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...RSN?li=BBnbcA1

It was tried once, back in 1861. There was a republican President then that said, "sure, go ahead, secede".
But first, you have to win the war.

Good luck with that.
Twitter is alive with disgruntled Left Coast Liberals screaming bloody murder over the defeat of The Hildabeast. Disgruntled to the point of entertaining leaving the Union.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...RSN?li=BBnbcA1

It was tried once, back in 1861. There was a republican President then that said, "sure, go ahead, secede".
But first, you have to win the war.

Good luck with that. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Tell those POSs that the rest of the U.S. will be wanting ALL of it's federal money back from Mexifornia ( starting with welfare and college funding in any form ) , that we'll be moving ALL military bases, equipment, personnel and other Federal facilities out of the state, that their Representatives and Senators have NO standing or offices in Congress immediately and then see how eager they are to leave.
I say give it back to the messcans.
Build a wall to keep them idjits in there and cut off the water.
They can dine on the delta snail darter or some other delicacy like spotted owl or condor..
First, we wait till the academy awards and then shut the gate so all them liberal asshat actors can wallow in the sunshine.
They already live in their own world.
I'm fine with California seceding as an independent country.

split california in 2, North & South California. Keep North california and kick out South California.

North California (aka Jefferson) hates South California. all their money goes south and don't get anything back in return.
Isn't this the same thing that some of you Texan's wanted to do when you weren't getting you're way. Seems to me like both California and Texas have a lot of drama queens.
Let California go. I love the SoCal beaches, but we'd be rid of two consistently ignorant and liberal senators, and 55 reliable Democrat electoral votes.
Isn't this the same thing that some of you Texan's wanted to do when you weren't getting you're way. Seems to me like both California and Texas have a lot of drama queens. Originally Posted by cowboyinjungle
And I had the same attitude toward that.

I am an American first, and then a Texan. Texas is part of The United States of America. As a citizen of The United States, I would consider it high treason for a State to want to break away and form a separate Country.

I will not argue the point as to whether a State has the right to secede. Many believe they do. But, The United States also has the right, (as proven by history), to use what ever force is required to stop it.
And I had the same attitude toward that.

I am an American first, and then a Texan. Texas is part of The United States of America. As a citizen of The United States, I would consider it high treason for a State to want to break away and form a separate Country.

I will not argue the point as to whether a State has the right to secede. Many believe they do. But, The United States also has the right, (as proven by history), to use what ever force is required to stop it. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jackie, well said, but I had the same thoughts as cowboyinjungle when I read the OP. Over the years I have laughingly read several posts from people living in Texas that the state should secede. I'm with you. I am an American first.
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 06:17 AM
Let California go. I love the SoCal beaches, but we'd be rid of two consistently ignorant and liberal senators, and 55 reliable Democrat electoral votes. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yes, they are welcome to leave, and they can use our currency, but they have no say in our policies going forward. They will not be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

Perhaps the Northern part can stay as the State of California, and the southern half can become the Republic of California.
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 06:18 AM
I'm fine with California seceding as an independent country.

split california in 2, North & South California. Keep North california and kick out South California.

North California (aka Jefferson) hates South California. all their money goes south and don't get anything back in return. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Amen!!
Isn't this the same thing that some of you Texan's wanted to do when you weren't getting you're way. Seems to me like both California and Texas have a lot of drama queens. Originally Posted by cowboyinjungle
At least Texas has some history behind it. NO, it was the left who always makes fun of the idea of secession when it comes up and now they are the champions of it. I think California would be better broke into three different states; Jefferson in the north (San Fransisco on up), California in the middle (from LA to San Fransisco) and Norte Mexico in the south (from LA to Tiajuana).
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 07:47 AM
At least Texas has some history behind it. NO, it was the left who always makes fun of the idea of secession when it comes up and now they are the champions of it. I think California would be better broke into three different states; Jefferson in the north (San Fransisco on up), California in the middle (from LA to San Fransisco) and Norte Mexico in the south (from LA to Tiajuana). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I disagree - that would basically become an extra liberal state - not progress. Give the Norte Mexico portion to Mexico, or better yet make it an independent Indian nation, since the land was originally their land, anyway.
At least Texas has some history behind it. NO, it was the left who always makes fun of the idea of secession when it comes up and now they are the champions of it. I think California would be better broke into three different states; Jefferson in the north (San Fransisco on up), California in the middle (from LA to San Fransisco) and Norte Mexico in the south (from LA to Tiajuana). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
South california barely has any money and needs stuff from mid & north california.

it's why I didn't split california in 3. this way south california can leech off of mid california instead of n. california.
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 08:02 AM
South california barely has any money and needs stuff from mid & north california.

it's why I didn't split california in 3. this way south california can leech off of mid california instead of n. california. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Hopefully the liberals will get behind the effort and get California out of the union.

They will still sell us all those products made in Asia, and if they won't, someone else will.