One lucky guy...

We've all heard of Mr. Dao and United Airlines by now. All I can think that he is a very lucky guy. United made 2.3 BILLION in profit last year and after this debacle they could lose 800 million dollars. Mr. Dao is going to be a millionaire by this time next year whether he did anything wrong or not. United will pay just to make him go away. I know what I'd want....

A cool one million dollars with the taxes paid already. I'm a simple man with simple needs and I can play the Powerball like everyone else. But I have to have something that only United can provide; every month I want to be able to fly to anywhere first class that United flies and back, one more for my birthday. United puts me up in a great room at a great hotel. They give me a thousand dollars cash for expenses and one stewardess of my choice for entertainment. I don't what it costs them for her services, I just want her to be enthusiastic. The once a month adventure club. I don't want to be greedy and I want them to enthusiastically take the deal rather than take the chance of a $50 million payout.
  • WTF
  • 04-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Jesus...let's wait to get all the facts out.

I'd like to know how he got that bloody nose. Didn't seem to have it when they drug him off the plane. If they roughed him up away from the crowd, then you may have a case.

If not....it just sucks but they can take you off the plane by law. The more power you give these airline folks...the more chances for abuse.

If I was advising United , I'd settle with this guy pronto...especially if he truly is a doctor. Bad press United got going on this one. I do not care for United after ; used to love Continental.

New seating chart for all domestic United flights.

New in-flight Federal Air Marshals.

• WTF
  • 04-11-2017, 11:20 AM

Fucking United....the more I think about it, the more I kinda agree with that dumbass JD.

I mean fuck, you have 4 employees that need those paid for seats....pony up enough BEFORE you board the flight and you can find volunteers.

I'm surprised that idiots at United didn't reserve 4 seats for their employees but got over booked in the process.
Fuck United.

Of course, that is another byproduct of "America First."
Whatever happened to offering a free ticket to anyone willing to give up their seat and take the next flight? Non-time-sensitive travelers used to jump at that offer.

Now they just pick 'em randomly and FORCE you off the plane?

WTF happened to common sense in this country?
Fuck United.

Of course, that is another byproduct of "America First." Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It it had been assup dragged off the plane, all of the passengers would have been cheering!
  • WTF
  • 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Whatever happened to offering a free ticket to anyone willing to give up their seat and take the next flight? Non-time-sensitive travelers used to jump at that offer.

Now they just pick 'em randomly and FORCE you off the plane?

WTF happened to common sense in this country? Originally Posted by lustylad
I think they did not offer enough or they offered after boardering.
News stated they asked for volunteers, and got no response. So they randomly selected.
I think they did not offer enough or they offered after boardering. Originally Posted by WTF
News stated they asked for volunteers, and got no response. So they randomly selected. Originally Posted by wordup666
If you offer free tickets, you ALWAYS get volunteers. Even after boarding.

It's been SOP in the airline industry for decades!
  • WTF
  • 04-11-2017, 02:42 PM
If you offer free tickets, you ALWAYS get volunteers. Even after boarding.

It's been SOP in the airline industry for decades! Originally Posted by lustylad
Well this time they got no volunteers goober. Probably because it was offered AFTER boarding.

It is SOP to offer it up BRFORE boarding.

Or offer between $800. and $1100.
They only offered up to $800 after the boarding, retarded lenny. I'm also reading where they guy escaped and tried to get back to his seat. One of the problems is people are so good at the travel game/credit card miles/business flight that $800 doesn't mean squat to them.

A couple of days ago one of the airline dragged a black women off their flight.