US Airforce Drops "MOAB" in Afghanistan

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/1...mb-afghanistan

You can run, but you can't hide.

This thing is designed to kill living things and leave infrastructure reasonably intact.

It's too early to tell just what the ramifications of this will be.

This thing is designed to kill living things and leave infrastructure reasonably intact.

It's too early to tell just what the ramifications of this will be. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That's the one that sucks all the O2 out of the atmosphere in the blast area
Obama gave the military the go-ahead to use it if they wanted to over a year ago.
What I have read is that it destroys everything in a 300 meter radius.

It's too early to tell just what the ramifications of this will be. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Obama gave the military the go-ahead to use it if they wanted to over a year ago. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Sure he did. You know the day he 'outlawed' water boarding, he also reserved the right to use it in a 'ticking timebomb situation.'

Sounds like he's playing you for a fool again. Easy.
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2017, 12:58 PM

Let us all hope for lustysnowflake's sake...there were no Syrian babies there!

Trump has figured out how to get his poll numbers up! Bomb , bomb , bomb

21,000 pounds, huh? I'm guessin' them muzzies hidin' in those tunnels and caves are enjoyin' their 77 virgins now, huh?

Sidenote: the only thing missing is vid clips of Schumer and Pelosi both riding that sucker all the way down (ie: a tip o' the cap to the late great Slim Pickens...)
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2017, 01:07 PM
But did we kill any babies?

I'm not so sure about that lack of property damage. This is a concussive type weapon powered by compressed gas. The pressure will smash buildings and, dare I say it, flatten any witnesses. Wondered why they didn't use this back in the Bush days on Tora Bora.
Something else you learned in the Marines? The 3 weeks you were in? The M.O.A.B. sucks air?
Not as much as your ass.

Fuel-air bombs are thermobaric weapons. They use huge amounts of O2 and have much longer duration blast waves.

But I'm sure that's what you meant, right?

That's the one that sucks all the O2 out of the atmosphere in the blast area Originally Posted by gary5912
They got one bigger before they go nuke.
My understanding this one is only number 2.
So, we dropped a educe on them.....lol
A "concussive weapon powered by compressed gas"?
You can't get it right, can you?
Most explosive blast waves are powered by expanding gas. The only compressed gas is that that white ring you see expand around a bomb blast in bomber footage. It's being pushed from behind, and like you, it can't get out of the way. So like you, it gets compressed from the rear.

I'm not so sure about that lack of property damage. This is a concussive type weapon powered by compressed gas. The pressure will smash buildings and, dare I say it, flatten any witnesses. Wondered why they didn't use this back in the Bush days on Tora Bora. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
CNN and MSNBC are bitching because President Trump didn't tell anybody, and really isn't saying a whole lot now. He just did it.

They are getting the Andrea Mitchell treatment.

This is military stuff, he's Commander in Chief. That's the way it is.
Sure he did. . Originally Posted by gnadfly
He gave the go-ahead in January 2016 and it has taken this long to finally dropping it. The plans were in the works long before Trump took office and one more thing. The cave it targeted was built by the CIA for the fighters to use against the Russians