ACLU Joins Historic Case Against Anti-Prostitution Laws

interesting read; ohh and you can thank Liberals in advance

A lawsuit challenging California’s laws against prostitution just got a much-needed boost. The Southern California chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, together with a raft of other organizations committed to gender equality, has filed an amicus brief in support of the lawsuit, or rather its appeal of a district court’s ruling against the original suit. This could mean it will be harder for the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court, where the case now sits, to dismiss the lawsuit’s arguments out of hand.
The original lawsuit, filed in March 2015, argued that laws making consensual commercial sexual activity between adults illegal were unconstitutional because they infringe on privacy rights protected by the 14th Amendment. As the ACLU brief points out, the Supreme Court, in its 2003 Lawrence v. Texas ruling, recognized that “liberty gives substantial protection to adult persons in deciding how to conduct their private lives in matters pertaining to sex.” The 2003 ruling held that a Texas law classifying consensual adult homosexual intercourse as illegal sodomy violated the privacy and liberty rights to engage in private intimate conduct. The California lawsuit argues the same could be applied to consensual commercial sex.
Now that the ACLU has jumped into the fray, all eyes are on the United States Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit, to see what happens next.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alison..._12488532.html
The ACLU lost all credibility with this. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95942&page=1
I will never thank them for anything.
Liberals and Conservatives are both AGAINST prostitution.

Conservatives don't like it because it is immoral, and destroys the family.

Liberals don't like it because it victimizes women and makes them sex objects.

And those idiots on the Political Forum believe their is a difference between "Republicans" and "Democrats".
This shit belongs in the litterbox.

Another useless thread by the OP.
Why anybody gives $$$ to the ACLU is beyond me.

+1 Slit
I won't thank liberals for trying to decriminalize I thank libertarians. Liberals are as much or more against it as conservatives. Do you see any of those major cities with long time liberal people in charge ever doing anything to decriminalize ? No you don't.
in this case it's the ACLU fighting to help decriminalize; not Reps or L-tarians.
The ACLU could be a great organization if it actually would take all civil liberty cases and not pick and choose those that do little or nothing to make civil liberties better protected from the government that has become out of control.

Prostitution is not illegal in the United States of America as it is an issue of the individual States and not the federal government. that is, unless you are a pimp traveling across state lines to ply your hoes.

Currently, there is one state that allows each county to decide if they will allow prostitution. The other state where it was once legal no longer allows for it.

Personally, I believe it is not the government business, either the federal government or the states.

The best thing that could happen is for the States to decriminalize it rather than legalize it. Legalizing would mean that it would become a business and subject to the current laws such as the ADA where they would all need to provide for any and all disabled customers. No discrimination which would eliminate the NBA policy s well as many other things such as allowing Greek for some but not others because of their size. CBJ would become the norm as if they provided BBJ for one they would be regulated into providing for all.

I know there would be a lot of, it is my body it is my decision, but if you look at what businesses have to go through and the control of the government over the businesses, many would think twice before wanting it to be "legal" rather than decriminalized.
^ interesting viewpoint. Not bad.

edit: I definitely don't want to see NBA policies being forced out by legalization. That should be a right of all providers given it's their choice and not that of their pimp.

Besides one of my fantasies is to bang a hardcore KKK chic on a bed of replica confederate flag sheets.

I know there would be a lot of, it is my body it is my decision, but if you look at what businesses have to go through and the control of the government over the businesses, many would think twice before wanting it to be "legal" rather than decriminalized. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I lived in a country where everything is legal (the UK), and let me tell you, the climate of the scene was awful. You had girls flooding the market and pretty much willing to do any and everything for very little, so a very low standard of service overall; gents refusing to screen because they had no reason to, since they had no fear of legal backlash, no review sites such as this one to help guide punters in picking the better providers, etc etc.

Personally, I actually think things are safer for everybody the way it is now. You guys get reviews on us, we get to screen you beforehand, so it is a safer bet for everyone before you walk into a bad situation, or open the door to a psycho.

And I also agree if it ever becomes fully legal, you know the gov't will regulate the hell out of it. No thank you.
Liberals and Conservatives are both AGAINST prostitution.

Conservatives don't like it because it is immoral, and destroys the family.

Liberals don't like it because it victimizes women and makes them sex objects.

And those idiots on the Political Forum believe their is a difference between "Republicans" and "Democrats". Originally Posted by zerodahero
This is pretty much why I voted Libertarian, even though the candidate wasn't without flaws himself.
I lived in a country where everything is legal (the UK),.......You had girls flooding the market and pretty much willing to do any and everything for very little,........ Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Working as intended. Sucking dick and spreading your legs while you lay there aren't exactly rare or hard skills to learn.

You whores are unbelievably lazy. Four hours of work plus 36 hours of Dr. Phil per week isn't how all the other women get to laze about.

Half the planet has a pussy. An hour with a whore shouldn't be more than $50/hour. Even that is generous based on average looks and service.
So, if the ACLU is successful. will they help out when the government regulates the business with anti-discrimination laws?
Will the ACLU take a case of government overreach for a business that wants to allow smoking in their business?

Since the body would be the business will the statement, it is my body my business hold up?
What about some of the most disgusting of fetishes?

Of course the old we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone will hold water just like the bakery that did not want to make a cake for a gay wedding.
  • Trey
  • 11-29-2016, 02:52 AM
There would be many issues with it but when aren't there issues. I think decriminalization as pointed out would be best. The new dumb ass in power and his cronies ain't for hoes anyway (unless Russian ) so keep that dream in your pocket another 4 years.