Changing golf clubs for improvements

Folks thinking of switching from blades to game improving irons or hybrids. Has anyone done that improved the scores and or accuracy. I am not worried about spin backs but possibly miss out shaping the shots. Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Best...
How about honing your swing rather than investing in new clubs?
Trying sir trying. It's that the sweet spot is better it seems on the game improving irons or hybrids and they are forgiving. And yes time cruch has reduced my practice time, but I have been recommended the change and I think like you...but...at times I do listen...
I like forged cavity back irons, several makers have good models, titleist has a couple, be sure to get fitted. Feel and workability of forged with a little more forgiveness than blades. You do have to get your lofts and lies checked every six months.
Mizuno has a line of cavity backs mixed with blade on 3 and 4 irons. I can't hit the large head clubs. I start thinking about how big of a tool I look like hitting clubs that look like Fred Flinstone's.
You're going to hit straighter shots and harder to bend shots like the blades. So it goes with golf, as it goes with the quality of hookers. Sad days.
When I was young I played blades and shot my best score ever. It was two over but I was two under till I whot at the pin on a 0par three and over cooked it a bit. Blades give an unmistakebale feedback on mis-hits that you do not get with game improvement lubs.

I find that it is harder to fade the ball and much easier to hook it with the more forgiving clubs.

I practiced a lot when I was hitting blades and could stripe the long irons including a 1 iron. could hit a one iron about 250 with my best ever being about 265.

The reality is, nothing beats practice and tempo. Tempo can make up for a lot and practice will let you know what you can expect from your clubs.
Go to the upcoming pro tournaments and watch the swings.

Watch Sam Snead on you tube.

Save your money.
What helped my game the most was having my caddie hit the ball for me.
What helped my game the most was having my caddie hit the ball for me. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Lol, love the post. I hate golf and quit after years of practice and paid trainers. Got a few clubs I want to give away to a younger sprout in the civi world, with interest in the sport.

After fancy clubs, years of practice, and trainers you have to come to terms with the common denominator.
It ain't the arrows, it's the injun.
Stay far away from the golf gurus who want to get paid.

They are worse than investment advisors.
I play golf because I enjoy the challenge and those sometimes awesome "golf shots" that make coming back all that more fun. I have no illusions of greatness and play for fun.

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her either a blowjob or a new set of irons.
I hit the new irons a lot better than the old ones.
There was nothing better than to go to a PGA tournament, and have Payne Stewart show up.

It was like Santa Claus had just come down your chimney. So perfect for the moment.
I used to go out to the Woodlands when Doug Sanders was still involved and see all the celebs he would bring in. Great day to take pictures on Wednesday during the pro-am.

Here is the deal. If you mishit as many as you hit well you should switch to the new technology. It won't make you a better golfer but it may cut a few strokes off of your game.

It's like the guy that bought the new driver he could hit 300 yards. It just meant he had to walk further into the woods to find his ball.
Nothing better than the sound of hitting the sweet spot on a blade