craigslist

• JT
  • 07-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Has anyone else had problems connecting to C/L? I know the site is working because I can connect using the computer at the office. When I go to C/L I get a message that says
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I have responed to a couple of ads recently and received some spam replies.

Thanks in advance!
Just tested from home. No problem on Firefox, IE, Chrome, or Safari. I use AT&T U-verse.
  • JT
  • 07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I can connect with my iPod using the neighbors wireless so I know the site is up, it just won't let me connect on my home PC. I just get that error message like I don't have a internet connection. I just wondered if anyone else ever had that problem.
Has anyone else had problems connecting to C/L? I know the site is working because I can connect using the computer at the office. When I go to C/L I get a message that says
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I have responed to a couple of ads recently and received some spam replies.

Thanks in advance! Originally Posted by JT
Explorer is known for having the ability to reach into a windows machine and access the operating system and then into individual documents. With that reputation I have pulled Explorer from all my machines. I recently had to go to the public library to use Explorer to reach a federal agency who required it.

After establishing an ID at the federal agency I left the library and returned to my office. I used Safari to access the federal site, and logged on using my newly established ID. When I reach the federal site with Safari with a security program attached, the alarm bells were sounded and the messages went off that the federal agency was trying to access my machine thru my net connection to the site.

That is enough proof for me. I will only use Explorer from the machines at the public library, or some other machine like Kinko's, or a machine connected with no others (that means no eithernet sharing) and no information that I would want to share with the government.

JR
Whoa! JR! Thanks. That's spooky.
I can connect with my iPod using the neighbors wireless so I know the site is up, it just won't let me connect on my home PC. I just get that error message like I don't have a internet connection. I just wondered if anyone else ever had that problem. Originally Posted by JT
If your home PC can reach every other site but not Craigslist, I'd suggest that you clear your cache:

click Tools menu
click Delete Browsing History
check Temporary Internet Files
check Cookies
click Delete

Then or go to http://www.firefox.com or http://chrome.google.com/ and get a better browser
  • JT
  • 07-18-2011, 06:22 AM
KCQ - I did all that a couple of days ago and it didn't help. Yesterday I sent C/L a message using my iPod and told them what was going on and now all of a sudden it's working.

JRL - Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to start using Firefox.

COG - This is all your fault .... LOL