Best Texting Apps

With our burner phone privacy potential becoming more a risk what apps are hobbyists using? I’ve tried google voice but am concerned about them tying my personal and hobby info together. I’ve looked into textplus and text me but am wondering other’s experience good or disappointing.
With our burner phone privacy potential becoming more a risk what apps are hobbyists using? I’ve tried google voice but am concerned about them tying my personal and hobby info together. I’ve looked into textplus and text me but am wondering other’s experience good or disappointing. Originally Posted by jerryjones
First question - WHO are you worried will tie your hobby and personal info? LE? Mostly probably not going to care. Your provider's phone numbers, texts, contacts etc... is going to be more of an issue than yours.

You can create a Google account with as little real info as possible and you'll probably be okay. My plan is if there's time at least restart and requires a pin (and a warrant), if there's more time, reset to factory and STFU and ask for an attorney.

If someone LE or spouse is going to the trouble of warrants to Google you probably have bigger issues to worry about other than pay-2-play.

Most states prostitution and solicitation are misdemeanors. You probably have more damage done by a spouse, that in a no-contest state, also probably not going to the trouble of proving adultery and will just take half your shit without proof of anything.

It's enough to be careful, don't be stupid or talk to friends or coworkers etc... But not enough to worry. Plus the issue with some apps the other person needs to use the same app and that is rarely going to happen. Honestly - Google Voice is IMO the best free option, mysudo(dot)com is another free with premium options.
TextNow ($4 a year), TextFree (free) both work well. There is no need for the other person to use the same app. I am not worried about LE or a spouse. I just don’t want every girl to have my real number.
I’ve used text now for years now and yes it’s just $4 a year works great.
Period.
  • BLM69
  • 07-22-2024, 05:44 PM
Google voice don't miss! I've had the same number for 15 years give or take