Subscriptions

How do you cancel or turn off subscriptions?

Seems I get subscribed to ANY string I post to. Took a few minutes to find out how to delete subscribed postings but can't find a thing on how to turn off the default subscription settings.

HELP!

I don't know if it's the same for hobbyist here, do you have a little box that says "User CP" or "User Control Panel"? I don't know if I saw it before I was upgraded to VP, but I never needed it before, so I'm not sure if you have it or not. It's on the left hand side of most pages usually half way down or lower, for me. If you do have it I'm sure it's in the the same place. If you do, and you click on it, it should pop up more boxes, one of them says "Settings & Options" Click "Edit Options" on the next menu, and then in the big box labeled "Messaging & Notifications" there's a smaller box about default thread subscriptions, and a drop down box to choose what you want.

If you don't have a control panel, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you!
Oddly enough, I was there before, saw the setting but somehow it didn't/couldn't deactivate it. Time will tell.

Thank you madam!

I don't know if it's the same for hobbyist here, do you have a little box that says "User CP" or "User Control Panel"? I don't know if I saw it before I was upgraded to VP, but I never needed it before, so I'm not sure if you have it or not. It's on the left hand side of most pages usually half way down or lower, for me. If you do have it I'm sure it's in the the same place. If you do, and you click on it, it should pop up more boxes, one of them says "Settings & Options" Click "Edit Options" on the next menu, and then in the big box labeled "Messaging & Notifications" there's a smaller box about default thread subscriptions, and a drop down box to choose what you want.

If you don't have a control panel, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you! Originally Posted by MarandaMarie

If you don't have a control panel, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you! Originally Posted by MarandaMarie
Great Job! That is exactly how it is done.
You're probably right. Problem is, it ain't working. I'm STILL subscribed to a bunch of strings. Including THIS string!

Great Job! That is exactly how it is done. Originally Posted by Simon Riley