Hi can you hold a check

I recieved a call today from a guy wanting to see me.. The appointment was set and i was ready to leave when i texted to confirm his address he asked me if i would mind holding a check from him until he gets paid at midnight... Needless to say I was a little stunned being that I have never been asked that before... I dont know about the rest of you but I find this funny and shocking.. .
That is absolutely ridiculous! In fact, it's so ridiculous, that there is a joke that aligns with the situation perfectly –

Hooker -- "Hi, I'd like to report a rape."

911 operator -- "Well, ma'am – you're a hooker. How do you know that it was rape?"

Hooker -- "The check didn't clear!"

Thank you folks, I'm here all week!

I am getting a tax refund.... can i get a session and just have my check sent to you??? Just kidding... so what did you tell him???
Not just a check, a check that isn't good until midnight. Now that makes me chortle. It could be worse however, I know a provider who on an outcall was taken to the clients garage. There he showed her a large number of guns and offered to trade her services for the weapon of her choice. When she saw all the guns she panicked assuming they were meant for her, but not in the way he intended.
...I know a provider who on an outcall was taken to the clients garage. There he showed her a large number of guns and offered to trade her services for the weapon of her choice... Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
Damn it!!! Why don't I ever get those calls?

Giteneny, if it was you... you'd better not have given her the Heckler & Koch! That's the one I wanted!
Damn it!!! Why don't I ever get those calls? Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Because you don't see clients of that caliber.
Because you don't see clients of that caliber. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan

Omg, I love you, Chan!!!

You've got to be the funniest guy I've ever known.
*jaw drop* at the original post.

That guy is crazy and broke!
Wow, harley. You wouldn't mind cashing an out of town, third party check would you?

J/k sometimes I wonder about other people... At least he asked before you got there.
I mean seriously i was like No. I dont take checks hun, I'm sorry but i am not a bank. Lol this guy was very persistant though. He even offered to write it for more than my rate which he thought was more than fair... He even told me other providers he had seen had accepted the same offer. I seriously doubt there is any truth to that. I mean I understand the economy is bad and everything but really... Hold a check for my services until midnight. Not going to happen, momma may have raised a fool but she didn't raise no damn fool. Lol what was i supposed to do??? Ask to hold his c!@k for collateral
. . . l what was i supposed to do??? Ask to hold his c!@k for collateral Originally Posted by Sexy_Harley
And I'm guessing the collateral would have been a bit short!
I had someone want me to hold his DL and his spare truck key till the next day. I made him leave wont see him again.
He even told me other providers he had seen had accepted the same offer. I seriously doubt there is any truth to that. Originally Posted by Sexy_Harley
The guy is a liar.
Lol yes he was definately a liar... Thank goodness he asked me in a text instead of having me drive all the way there first
What's next, one of these on the bathroom counter where the envelope should be?