O-M-G - WTF(rak)?! - Seriously Syfy?

yes, I actually sat through it and watched Sharknado 2 the Second One

pointless thread I know(you've been warned) but, what better place to express myself?

***SPOILER ALERT***

what didn't it have in it? sharks? (check), alligators in sewer? (check), cameos of people doing things they hadn't done in years that you never thought you'd see them do again? (check, airplane? taxi? lol probably missed some)

apparently there isn't any bar of bad Syfy is afraid to limbo under! not to mention all the - this only works in the movies bullshit that I can't believe no one on the set questions! lol shark falls through bottom floor ceiling of building when building is 5 stories or so tall? planes have a skylight in the restroom? have I somehow never noticed that before? yeah, I know, totally ignoring the whole sharknado itself.

also, for a second I didn't think they were gonna top Ian being swallowed whole by a shark only to rescue himself and another person previously swallowed by same shark. but they did! so there's that.

to think, I used to enjoy the cheesey SciFi Saturday night movies. *smh*
I saw a trailer that's wayyyy worse than that. Don't remember the title, but was about a hilariously lame giant mutated Tyrannosaurus Rex that can swim under water and eat fishermen with horrible CG effects :/ SciFi channel has the worst movies ever imo. The only thing that decent syfy related is Continuum.
I think the whole point of the Sharknado movies is to make it as campy & horrible as possible. They aren't trying for Citizen Kane. I'd still watch a loop of Sharknado movies on repeat over anything Adam Sandler has made in the past few years.
They actually made a Sharknado 2?
  • Trey
  • 07-31-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm recording it the next time it comes on. My chick loves to watch that shit. I just like to see what old school D list actors they dig up for the movies.
Matt laurer and Al the weather man are in it.
This thread made me laugh my ass off.

I couldn't find anything on TV last night so I put this on as I was dozing off and it was actually so stupid it not only kept me awake, but it depressed the shit out of me. If people are making and watching movies like this, I should be ruling the world or at least the country. And I'm totally cool with weak ass sci-fi movies, it's not like this was my first, but it was my worst.

Then what fucks me up the most is that this was the 2ed one! How the hell did that happen? I swear I am tempted to watch the 1st now, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
I'm recording it the next time it comes on. My chick loves to watch that shit. I just like to see what old school D list actors they dig up for the movies. Originally Posted by Trey

Vivica Fox was in this shit.
, I used to enjoy the cheesey SciFi Saturday night movies. *smh* Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
This movie has just the right amount of cheese and they play it from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Rage

strange, I've seen some cheese nut bear horror movie but it wasn't this one. I read the wiki and I don't recognize it and surprised I've never heard of it. the ending though, if that was the ending I read, sounds like one of those endings that would just piss me off.

like this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020543/

now that is a cheese movie but one I enjoy and the main girl is gorgeous! not sure if it is a Syfy original, appears to have nudity in it but Syfy blurs it. the ENDING THOUGH! OMG! I just want to yell at whoever made it! the way it ends it just makes you want to scream, uh, WTF??!! seriously? lol

***SPOILER***
just in case anyone cares. do not read this. the ending, the characters still alive look up down the street, points if I remember correctly, and I think one of them even says to look, and then BAM! it ends and we never know wtf they were looking at!

before I forget, the first one, *smh* lol it might be a little better since I don't think they were aiming for the cheese factor they aimed for in the second. but if you found it entertaining at the end where Ian surfed the shark down on top of the hotel and skewered it on the antenna/lightening rod then you will find an equally entertaining scene in the first movie.

it's almost like who wasn't in the second one? even that Kelly Ripa was in it *smh* the mayor dude was someone and the guy talking to the mayor, was that the wrestler dude? the olympian one? Kurt Angle? whoever he was he looked familar.
This one had me shaking my head. Late 90's this guy was the s%*@! Now idk wtf???

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/01/welco...-comedian-now/
Good lord!

I just stepped into a steaming pile of dog shit, fukc.... Teach me to type and walk.
  • Trey
  • 07-31-2014, 11:23 PM
Vivica Fox was in this shit. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Man as a kid I loved me some Vivica A Fox. I have to watch it now no other choice. though I do think the last movie I saw her in was Spawn.
Man as a kid I loved me some Vivica A Fox. I have to watch it now no other choice. though I do think the last movie I saw her in was Spawn. Originally Posted by Trey
She was in Independence Day and the Kill Bill movies too, I think?

Man, that Spawn movie was bad. Malbolgia and his treasure troll hair - yeesh. Conversely, the HBO animated Spawn series was quite good.
Man as a kid I loved me some Vivica A Fox. I have to watch it now no other choice. though I do think the last movie I saw her in was Spawn. Originally Posted by Trey
she was in Spawn? dang, I can't recall that. don't tell me she was Al's wife?

Man, that Spawn movie was bad. Malbolgia and his treasure troll hair - yeesh. Conversely, the HBO animated Spawn series was quite good. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
you are soo correct! on BOTH accounts!

in the movie why the heck would they change his best friend's ethnicity? stupid! and they changed one character's gender and completely made them up.

the animated series was great. wish there had been more.

also the comics I enjoy and think they are/were good. (haven't kept up recently) the story was just really cool, simple, but original. great elements. and let's not forget Angela! oh yeah! Tiffany not bad either. there was a short series to, Spawn Godslayer that is good.