Xoxo Best bbq to take my Cali friend to?

My friend is here from Cali, Any recommendations on the best barbecue spot to take her to? ☺️😝🤭 want to show her a good time ☺️
Well sit back and watch the food fight...

Q39
either midtown on 39th or OP on Antioch.

Or a close 2nd
Joe's
on 47th KCK
You just had to kick the hornets next...

If you're just going to do one , Arthur Bryants is the granddaddy of all of the rest and is a good intro.
If you want a fancier sit down - Jack Stacks by Union Station which also has a nice little walkway if you want to explore Union Station as well as Crown Center.
BB's Lawnside is good now for an evening out now that they have live music again - blues brews and BBQ. Real local KC flava.
LC's was the goto on burnt ends and funky atmosphere but, someone else here will have to chime in on if it stands up after the man himself passed away.
If you want a little day trip with some small town charm, Tin Kitchen in Weston is a nice ride through the curvy countryside ;-)
My house for pork belly. Takes all day.
Ok Johnny,
Yes to Tin Kitchen in Weston.
Perfect for Sat lunch during Weston's Irish Fest.

Also, over in Excelsior, the Wabash.
They have a live outdoor stage during summer.

But where's JR? He's overdue....
Thank you all so much- that was very helpful. Xoxo
A lot to choose from! What about Gates ?
Pretty good.
He's retired the kids are running it.
Some of it depends on if you're primarily looking for just BBQ or, are looking to hang out or shop somewhere for awhile.
If you have time try this one. It’s a little far but it’s local and they open Thursday to Sunday and don’t wait until closing hours they probably run out already. Other thing they offer the burned ends until Sunday but it’s worth it.
The others bbq places listed above are fair and good too.
https://www.porkysblazinbbq.com/
Thank you all so much- that was very helpful. Xoxo
A lot to choose from! What about Gates ? Originally Posted by xxSkylaxx
Nice reviews skyla
Nice reviews skyla Originally Posted by Lubeman
For the BBQ or the Boobiecue?
Boobiecue
If you have time try this one. It’s a little far but it’s local and they open Thursday to Sunday and don’t wait until closing hours they probably run out already. Other thing they offer the burned ends until Sunday but it’s worth it.
The others bbq places listed above are fair and good too.
https://www.porkysblazinbbq.com/ Originally Posted by Surfer2020
Well heck. If they're going that far might as well check out the Red Shanty in Higginsville with stops at The Brass Armadillo antique mall and Kleinschmidts.
Lol �� Boobieque! Haha
Well y’all she wanted to try Gates & she loved it so much she said she might want to move to KC because Cali DOES NOT have nothing on KC lol she was shocked. ��
She should take some kc sauce home. My friends in CA order it by the case from jackstock and gates.