WTF is wrong with people??

I went to lunch with someone-female, that I have been friends with and havent seen in quite a while. She always call if she wants something though, you know, one of those "friends."

Anyway, the whole time she was on her phone texting, and facebooking. After it was over, and leaving, she actually had the nerve to ask me about something she wanted.

Really!!! I was tempted to get up in the middle of lunch and leave, and now I know I probably should have.

I have noticed that the days of real true socializing seems to be over. I do not like technology and could quite frankly live without it.

I always required hearing a voice, screening the old fashioned way, no texting. Is it my age? Or am I just used to the days when people actually communicated the normal more personal way?
I don't know. We need to have drinks to discuss, can't txt with you anymore....
LOL I dont text anyway!! I hate that shit. And you cant convey meaning, peoples feelings get hurt. I actually had a guy break up by text before, what a pussy!! And when he wanted me back, I sent him a text telling him to fuck off
I have gotten to where if I am in that situation I just say "please put your phone away." Really surprises some people.
Try this in a group...everybody puts their phone in a stack on the table. No touching the phones. If somebody does, they get the check.
Excellent idea, Greenwavelawyer! I think it should be the same during a session as well. Both parties should be focused on each other, and not a call or text. Talk about a mood killer!
It's also INCREDIBLY rude when your shopping, I see people do it all the time. The cashier is paying attention, the customer should too. How important is it to discuss a dress or hairstyle when you're AT the register to check out? I overheard that very conversation just a few days ago.
I notice when traveling at bars people are looking at their phones instead of talking to each other. I love meeting strangers at a bar and talking about where you come from etc. Thats how you network and make new friends.

And yes Nic, I cant stand for people checking out to be on their phones. I also had a nail tech in Georgia recently have the ear piece in while doing my nails, not talking to me. That bitch didnt get a tip, I mean, she could have least said it in English to make it half ass interesting since I had to sit there.
i walk the lakefront most evenings at sunset.... its amazing how many people are glued to there phones. its seems evil..... just saying you see a slight glow at distance and there u are. face glued to screen....
[QUOTE= I also had a nail tech in Georgia recently have the ear piece in while doing my nails, not talking to me. That bitch didnt get a tip, I mean, she could have least said it in English to make it half ass interesting since I had to sit there.[/QUOTE]

Have her say (in very broken English) You have boyfriend? You need boyfriend, scratch his back with pretty nails. He make you very happy when you start scratching his back.....Ahhh girlfriend get happy ending for scratching boyfriend back!
I have to say that I love to text makes things simple sometime but I do believe it is rude to text or constantly look at your phone while your suppose to enjoying someone else company .
I saw a video online the other day where this couple was getting married and the woman pulls out her cell phone that she had tucked in her bra to answer a damn text while the preacher was giving the ceremony!!I felt so sorry for the poor man, if it had been me I would have snatched her damn phone and tossed it, then walked the fuck away!!
The funny thing is you guys do realize to complain about technology on this thread you are using technology. Chella this site, the phone or computer you use to help book appointments, your car, your thermostat all technology. I mean you post all the time so, you can't hate it that much. I do see the point you're making about people pseudo communicating through social media but technology is a good thing. How do you get business, do stand on the side of the road or hangout in bars saying massages by chella book now probably not. If you get hurt and go to the Doctor do you want him to go 1800 style on you I'm also guessing no. I bet we won't see you riding a horse around N.O. anytime soon either. So, do you really hate technology I don't think people who say that think about how technology help their everyday lives. Even if it mean your "friend" ignores you at lunch or a bar probably a small price to pay and it definitely is an age thing mostly older people complain about things like this.
The funny thing is you guys do realize to complain about technology on this thread you are using technology. Chella this site, the phone or computer you use to help book appointments, your car, your thermostat all technology. I mean you post all the time so, you can't hate it that much. I do see the point you're making about people pseudo communicating through social media but technology is a good thing. How do you get business, do stand on the side of the road or hangout in bars saying massages by chella book now probably not. If you get hurt and go to the Doctor do you want him to go 1800 style on you I'm also guessing no. I bet we won't see you riding a horse around N.O. anytime soon either. So, do you really hate technology I don't think people who say that think about how technology help their everyday lives. Even if it mean your "friend" ignores you at lunch or a bar probably a small price to pay and it definitely is an age thing mostly older people complain about things like this. Originally Posted by grown simba
I don't think anyone is complaining about technology here but rather people's lack of consideration or respect for others when it comes to technology.Sure we need it and use it, but does that mean that you have to be so obsessed with it that your a inconsiderate asshole when your out in public
great post/answers........basically,it all comes down to respect!
I am talking about the cell phone usage. I require a laptop for work, I am referring to my real life not the hobby. However, if my job did not require it I would not have one.

Technology is not an option these days, you have to have it and know how to use it.But I would gladly live without it if possible.

And the point was that people have gotten so obsessed with it that they prefer to live and socialize online than enjoy the company of real live people.
As I drive to work every morning, I pass several school bus stops. None of the kids are talking to each other...they all have their phones or tablets out and typing away like crazy. They do not interact at all. Then, tonight, I'm at a restaurant and there is a table of 14 people sitting across from me. Every kid had a phone or a tablet. It got me to thinking about how my "Old-fashioned, German Grandmother would have handled that!!!!!!" There would have been one verbal warning and then........