Slow Site Response

• oeb11
  • 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Eccie web site is running very slowly. Multiple Connection time outs due to no response today (Monday am2-7-11).
Could not even get the Home page without connection time-out.
To have a functioning business- it must function.
I hope the owners will take heed- after rapid growth the site needs improvement.
Politely and Constructively submitted.
oeb11
Have you made sure to check both boxes at log in? I am in and out all day and I don't have these issues.
I am seeing intermittent slow page loading on my system.

A couple of times the system timed out altogether just trying to log on to the Eccie site.

Something is off-kilter.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
I have also been in and out a few times today and have not experienced the above mentioned issues. Don’t know what to tell you all at this point.

I know that other things are being worked on,so perhaps one of the Techies can shed some light here.
I just tried log on and it took several attempts to geti nto the system. Extremely slow after putting in log on info.

same here
Have continued to make postings and response from server or network is extremely slow today.

If you use Mozilla firefox it oftens speeds up when you delete cookies.
  • oeb11
  • 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Thank you- SP Hunter- I assume you meant user name and password for log-in- yes- both checked.
It seems other members have intermittent slow responses as well- today it is running fine with quick responses.
I do not think the issue is my ISP-other sites run fine
I wonder if slow responses occur with too many log-ins and/or individuals accessing? Might account for the intermittent issues- just a thought- I am no computer expert.
Thanks for the reply and I hope Mods and Owners continue to monitor the situation.
oeb11
I have asked the question and reported slow response previously. I can use either Firefox (right now) or other browsers but the problem continues: frequent timeouts from loading the page too slowly, etc. Very frustrating and I don't have these issues with any other site.

Just got this again moving from this page:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.eccie.net is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Ok, I hate to ruffle the feathers, but browser choice and cookies have nothing to do with the site speed.

when you connect to the site from home you are not directly connected, your net traffic is routed to a few networks.. a simple traceroute (or tracert at a DOS prompt) will show you.

if ANY of those hops are bogged down, they slow your traffic down and past that it will never speed back up.

Site load also has an effect, if it the site is overloaded, it might not get back to you.
This is the only site I use on a regular basis that is bogging down. I have a few other sites I hit regularly also with no problems of delays or timeouts. Just assumed the amount of traffic hitting server was the problem or could be a tie up somewhere else on the network.