Hello, Arkansas...I'm just passing through.

Hi, everyone! My girlfriend has a big party to attend in Memphis next week and I'm going to be tagging along to keep her company on the road. We'll be passing through Texarkana and Little Rock and we're planning on staying overnight (going and coming) in Little Rock.

We'll really be taking our time to enjoy the trip and see some sights. I've never been to Arkansas, but I understand it's one of the most beautiful states in the country.

I'm hoping to get a little sight-seeing advice from the locals before I hit the road, so please help me out and let me know what's not to be missed in your lovely state.

Thanks....
Hope you enjoy! Hot Springs spa's are definitely a treat!
I love the Arkansas scenery....and the Hot Springs area is the prettiest

have fun!
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't really thought about venturing off the interstate, but 2 out of 2 votes for Hot Springs can't be overlooked!

Any advice on where to stay (Hot Springs and Little Rock)?
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't really thought about venturing off the interstate, but 2 out of 2 votes for Hot Springs can't be overlooked!

Any advice on where to stay (Hot Springs and Little Rock)? Originally Posted by Caitie Mae
Not sure about Little Rock, but you might like the Arlington while you're in Hot Springs. It's a little expensive, being a historical building, but it's very centrally-located... and it's the hotel where Al Capone stayed while he was visiting.
Feel free to PM me for some good hotels. I hope you have a fantastic visit!
  • jaybe
  • 03-23-2017, 10:17 PM
We have so much to offer in Arkansas it is incredible. Pick up a visitors guide when you enter the state to get an idea of just how diverse our terrain is and the many outdoor opportunities we have. I could go on for days!

JB
Not sure about Little Rock, but you might like the Arlington while you're in Hot Springs. It's a little expensive, being a historical building, but it's very centrally-located... and it's the hotel where Al Capone stayed while he was visiting. Originally Posted by JdeHog
I'll definitely look into the Arlington. My girlfriend will get a kick out of the Capone connection... It seems I'm tied up with Big Al quite frequently.

Feel free to PM me for some good hotels. I hope you have a fantastic visit! Originally Posted by Vannah
Thanks for the hospitality, Vannah. Expect that PM later this morning.

We have so much to offer in Arkansas it is incredible. Pick up a visitors guide when you enter the state to get an idea of just how diverse our terrain is and the many outdoor opportunities we have. I could go on for days!

JB Originally Posted by jaybe
My girlfriend is a photographer with an amazing eye for creating gorgeous photos. I'm sure she'll have an inspired trip; I'll make sure of it with the visitors guide. Thanks for the reminder to pick one up!
Also check out The Waters hotel it's in an old building just a block from the Arlington just renovated very nice. Its next door to the Ohio club oldest bar in Ar also a Capone haunt. Across the street there is an awesome brewery in an old bathhouse.
Waters is posh just stayed last week. Arlington is Bates hotel looking in standard rooms needs a major overhaul. Embassy would be sec choice.
The Arlington is great. As said earlier it is an old hotel but so much history.
Arlington is better when the pool is open. It's not that luxurious compared to newer hotels. Too much noise goes in and out of the room but if you're not working that's not as big of a deal and worth checking out at least once.
Too bad you aren't going to make it to the NWA/Fort Smith area. Maybe for another road trip. I have a couple of trips through DFW later this summer.. Going to have to look you up...
I would be a little out of your way, but you could come up I40 to Fort Smith on your way back, se some of the Ozarks, the then take I40 to US 69 in Oklahoma down to Dallas.
I may not make it to Hot Springs this time around, but I have a feeling that Arkansas may become my new home away from home. If I don't make it to NWA this time (and I don't expect to), I promise it won't be long, fellas.