My Sentiments Exactly! Interview With a German Prostitute

Thanks for posting that link. It was a very interesting interview. The part about sex work being legal in Germany makes you think how far behind the curve of Western civilization we are falling in this religion-ridden country. I loved the Marlene Dietrich accent too.
Wasn't it great? I loved the part about her taking the client to court over non payment of service! That will be the day here in america ey? She was so matter of fact and confident and proud. She expressed everything I feel about the profession but with eloquence. And yes, the fucking puritan bullshit drives me insane! I hate to sound unpatriotic but its true, imo.
Wasn't it great? I loved the part about her taking the client to court over non payment of service! That will be the day here in america ey? Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
have to play devil's advocate but does that go for providers who bait and switch, heavier then their pics, don't provide the services they claim, etc... i could go on.... yes then if it went BOTH ways it would be a great day indeed.....
Yes! It was just a funny example. Could you imagine the day things like that surfaced in a court room?! We are so behind in our thinking compared to some of the european countries.
I'm headed to Germany for a couple weeks before the end of the month.

I dig that accent. Its going to be fun.
I've been wanting to go try working in Berlin, Germany for quite some time now. But it makes me wonder though, in a country where prostitution is legal, they don't just advertise on the internet and wait for their phone to ring like we do. They are really hustling harder I would imagine because there is so much more competition I would believe. Over there, it's even MORE like a full time job. I would also think the average rate is less in a place where it is legal.
  • noman
  • 06-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes, in most of Germany mongering is cheaper than what we pay in the US. Stay away from southern Germany (Bavaria). It's still very religious there. While prostitution is legal in Munich (capital of bavaria), BBBJ is not. When I was there in March an hour was 150 euro (210 US). But all my research told me it was cheaper in other parts of Germany. I didn't get to experience a red light district, but It was very nice to be able to walk through a building and pick the lady I wanted to see. If they are working they stand in front of their room waiting for client.

The women won't be just from Germany, there will be ladies from all over Europe.
Actually I don't think the stigma (or lack of it) in Germany or anywhere else in Europe is based on religion. Their religious beliefs, Lutheran or Catholic, are reconciled to what we call the hobby. It's more just a function of political culture and tolerance.