Question

• Idina
  • 09-05-2019, 02:53 AM
What do you all do on your spare time? When you're home, after work. How do you unwind?

As for me, something new I started to dabble in is pyrography aka wood burning. I find it relaxing but stressful at the same time. lol. One wrong move and it can ruin the design. Ofcourse with how insanely hot the temperatures been in Austin lately, I don't get to do it much. The soldering iron makes my room too hot. Have to admit I do love the smell of burnt wood. Especially the different types you can buy.

Idina
What do you all do on your spare time? When you're home, after work. How do you unwind?

As for me, something new I started to dabble in is pyrography aka wood burning. I find it relaxing but stressful at the same time. lol. One wrong move and it can ruin the design. Ofcourse with how insanely hot the temperatures been in Austin lately, I don't get to do it much. The soldering iron makes my room too hot. Have to admit I do love the smell of burnt wood. Especially the different types you can buy.

Idina Originally Posted by Idina
I'm in two fantasy football leagues and also in martial arts. I've been doing it for 11 years and am up for 1st degree candidacy soon.
  • Idina
  • 09-05-2019, 06:34 AM
How awesome! What style of Martial Arts are you practicing?
Unwinding & spare time!

Up until a few days ago, reading military history, watching some TV and some streaming stuff ...

...but suddenly I am almost chained to the keyboard of late.

Almost, not quite, still have time for lunches, an occasional lunch date, and discovering new places to socialize in both Austin and San Antonio.

And, Ms. Idina, your new photos (elsewhere, of course) look GREAT!

And I respect your perspective on not meeting folks in public, but perhaps in the months ahead we might discuss that philosophy over a private cuppa java?
  • Idina
  • 09-05-2019, 09:53 AM
I used to love reading about WW2 history. Had some uncles die in the war. One being a fighter pilot who was shot down over Russian territory. They never recovered his body. Another one sadly perished when he was trying to disassemble a mine in a civilian field that children would play on and it went off. So, I've always been fascinated with history in all forms.

Being chained to the keyboard can cause some serious upper back strain.. someone might need a massage for it. But I degress, I'm usually glued to the keyboard as well along with my two monitors constantly multitasking. I know exactly how that feels.

Your compliment did make me smile and I thank you for that. I decided to make a twitter today, not sure why since I have zero followers but hey, figured I'd get friends one day on it. LOL.

As for a cup of java one day... not saying no or yes.. just leaving it in limbo for now.
My free time involves something with music, especially jazz - real jazz, not that Kenny G crap. I do play some horn on the side, both in jazz and rock settings. But now that I'm retired I'm spending a lot of time cleaning up my thousands of LPs and making my own CDs. A lot of these remastered albums that companies put out sound awful, with many of them getting "brick-walled". So I keep my albums closer to the original sound.

I'm also a huge sports nut. I'm originally from the Chicago area so I watch a lot of baseball - the Cubs - and now that the NFL starts tonight I'll be watching Da Bears! But I hate announcers so I usually turn off the sound and play music while I watch the games.

I've also become a pretty good cook now that I have time to experiment with recipes. Being Italian I'm finding original recipes to make, with pretty good success. I also got a smoker a few months back and am getting into making great BBQ - stealing a lot of Aaron Franklin's stuff he has on YouTube. I'm getting there.
I like to read,listen to music and play video games
How awesome! What style of Martial Arts are you practicing? Originally Posted by Idina
Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Also boxed for 2 years and left it undefeated before I started college.
I like to read,listen to music and play video games Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Genre and type of console on video games?

Xbox 1 and played Halo 5 with pro gamers that stream on Twitch
Genre and type of console on video games?

Xbox 1 and played Halo 5 with pro gamers that stream on Twitch Originally Posted by Agent220
Im all over the place I have a Pacman arcade in my room..On the Xbox I play GTA..On the ps4 Resogun
I love fighting games (Mortal Kombat,Tekken,ect)..I like old school games the most on my Super Nintendo
Great topic!

I read... A LOT! LOL
I, also, love to put together puzzles, sew, garden (vegetables and flowers), canning (making jams, jellies, salsas, etc), and go fishing (both fresh and salt water).
A newly found passion is in learning to restore classic cars.

*curtsy*
I've recently started doing diamond paintings. But also sew and other crafts.
Im all over the place I have a Pacman arcade in my room..On the Xbox I play GTA..On the ps4 Resogun
I love fighting games (Mortal Kombat,Tekken,ect)..I like old school games the most on my Super Nintendo Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Do you have a place for me to plug in my Atari 2600?
Do you have a place for me to plug in my Atari 2600? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Absolutely...I had one but my oldest took it when she moved into her own place
Good books, Great Movies and Music.