U.S. Retail Sales Down Sharply, Likely Cuts to Growth Forecasts Ahead

There you go again, spreading vicious FACTS.
The ripple has started and it could become a tsunami before it is done.
That is a real shocker coming right after Christmas when the bills hit...LOL
That is a real shocker coming right after Christmas when the bills hit...LOL Originally Posted by i'va biggen

If you'd have bothered to read the first paragraph of the article you'd have seen that sales were off in the month of Dec.

From the article:
"The optimism surrounding the outlook for U.S. consumers was taken down a notch as retail sales slumped in December by the most in almost a year, prompting some economists to lower spending and growth forecasts. "
Gee wonder why other reports deny it showing growth? Biggest auto sales in years.
Gee wonder why other reports deny it showing growth? Biggest auto sales in years. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Auto Loans: A Subprime Market Grows in the Shadows
Gee wonder why other reports deny it showing growth? Biggest auto sales in years. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Auto sales and retail sales are not the same thing. At least not for the article's perspective.
Google retail sales drop and you'll find numerous articles that all claim retail sales dropped .9% in Dec. Including the famously right wing LA Times.
It just dawned on me that your first line there might have been referencing auto sales, in which case you'd be correct. All other accounts I've seen show an increase in auto sales for the month. Hard to explain that discrepancy.
It just dawned on me that your first line there might have been referencing auto sales, in which case you'd be correct. All other accounts I've seen show an increase in auto sales for the month. Hard to explain that discrepancy. Originally Posted by Ducbutter
There is a lot of difference between buying a $1,000 suit for $300 with a credit card and buying a $40,000 vehicle for $30,000 with a loan, plus when a "rent" agreement is classified as a "retail purchase" it can change the stats when a correction is made to reflect actual retail SALES.

It is like counting a 25 hour a week job as full time employment and then counting the same persons side job of 15 hours as "another full time job."

The overall stats may show an increase, but the "devil is in the details"....
Sorry you are having to work two jobs lexie, must cut into your golf time.
Sorry you are having to work two jobs lexie, must cut into your golf time. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I don't play golf much, because it "cuts" into my work time, and I customarily have 20-25 "jobs" ongoing in my business at any one time with each at varying points of completion. How about you? How many "jobs" do you have ongoing in your business that you own?
I don't play golf much, because it "cuts" into my work time, and I customarily have 20-25 "jobs" ongoing in my business at any one time with each at varying points of completion. How about you? How many "jobs" do you have ongoing in your business that you own? Originally Posted by LexusLover
How do you find the time to post your horse shit on this board with all those jobs taking up your time? Why would you think I still have to work?
There is a lot of difference between buying a $1,000 suit for $300 with a credit card and buying a $40,000 vehicle for $30,000 with a loan, plus when a "rent" agreement is classified as a "retail purchase" it can change the stats when a correction is made to reflect actual retail SALES.

It is like counting a 25 hour a week job as full time employment and then counting the same persons side job of 15 hours as "another full time job."

The overall stats may show an increase, but the "devil is in the details".... Originally Posted by LexusLover

I agree with that. Auto sales, though purchased by consumer households, are more akin to a business' capital good. And though they're purchased from a "retailer" there really aren't any wholesalers in new cars.
How do you find the time to post your horse shit on this board with all those jobs taking up your time? Why would you think I still have to work? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
#1: It's called "multi-tasking" and #2 I figured you didn't work. Why start now?