Careful with iOS9 and the hobby

iOS9 has rolled out and that means new apps and features. iOS9 now features an app called "Find Friends" it's pretty much a tracker and that can mean deep shit for those of y'all who've got a nosy SO or an SO with nosy ass friends or just nosy ass people in your contacts.

I'm not quite sure how it works yet but I'd be cautious with this and turn off my location when going to go bust a nut with someone other than your SO. Better safe than sorry

• Ashi
  • 09-18-2015, 05:57 AM
Is this sending your location out without you enabling It ? Is It part of iOS 9? It used to be a separate stupid little app... With infantile users....

I heard you can delete the default apps from this new OF If you wipe it out, a third party can still track you without your consent? That is crazy. I think you can disable location by apps in settings, location services though... And also set it to WiFi only maybe? I will do some checking once I upgrade my iOS devices...

Thanks for sharing the info, mojo Joe! Very cool from you, mate!
I just opened the app on my iphone5s and my location was NOT shared by default. The app asked me to share my location but I declined.
iOS9 has rolled out and that means new apps and features. iOS9 now features an app called "Find Friends" it's pretty much a tracker and that can mean deep shit for those of y'all who've got a nosy SO or an SO with nosy ass friends or just nosy ass people in your contacts.

I'm not quite sure how it works yet but I'd be cautious with this and turn off my location when going to go bust a nut with someone other than your SO. Better safe than sorry

Originally Posted by Mojojo
That is nuts.. Thanks Mojojo for the new info!!! Word from the wise
  • !VI!
  • 10-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Is this sending your location out without you enabling It ? Is It part of iOS 9? It used to be a separate stupid little app... With infantile users....

I heard you can delete the default apps from this new OF If you wipe it out, a third party can still track you without your consent? That is crazy. I think you can disable location by apps in settings, location services though... And also set it to WiFi only maybe? I will do some checking once I upgrade my iOS devices...

Thanks for sharing the info, mojo Joe! Very cool from you, mate! Originally Posted by Ashi

you have to turn on location settings for it to work at all, just turn it off before you leave
you have to turn on location settings for it to work at all, just turn it off before you leave Originally Posted by !VI!
You also have to do a request/accept for the other person to see your location, this isn't just set up by default. But, if your SO has access to the Find my iPhone feature they can also see where you are at any time.
what value does that app have to anyone?

perhaps if you are buried under earthquake rubble, or something..
  • fryec
  • 10-11-2015, 08:47 PM
I love my blackberry.