The "American Courtesans" site is now live and our faces are on the internet!

For those of you who have been following the progress of the film "American Courtesans", the site is now live with the trailer. Press packets are still loading, but you can see us women and what the film is about. Those of you who are friends of us, or who have participated please help by posting, re-blogging, tweeting, etc. And with that, I'd like to show you what us women and clients from across the nation have done. It is with much pleasure that I present the website for the Film "American Courtesans"!

www.americancourtesans.com

Enjoy.....k
Bravo. I hope it is true to life. Seems most focus on the BAD things that got us in the business, molested, drugs.. and I know so many that dont have that sad story. Some of us genuinely love doing this..
Bravo. I hope it is true to life. Seems most focus on the BAD things that got us in the business, molested, drugs.. and I know so many that dont have that sad story. Some of us genuinely love doing this.. Originally Posted by Charlotte Carrington
Ditto. Like every other call girl documentary, Typical. And some of those ladies needed makeup BAD!
Do they promote BBCR?
I can tell you haven't see the film! But then it's not out, yet. I know each woman has her own story, and these are ours. I'm sure not everyone is comfortable with us just telling it how it is. Not bad or good, simply our lives. None of us altered who we are or our truths about ourselves to make others more comfortable. Each of us are professionals who choose what we are doing and love it!
Yea but your hottttttt and your welcome and can't wait to see movie
I can tell you haven't see the film! But then it's not out, yet. I know each woman has her own story, and these are ours. I'm sure not everyone is comfortable with us just telling it how it is. Not bad or good, simply our lives. None of us altered who we are or our truths about ourselves to make others more comfortable. Each of us are professionals who choose what we are doing and love it! Originally Posted by KristenDiAngelo
The trailer certainly paints a very different image than the "Belle De Jour" series and interviews, but that was one woman's story. This seems to represent a broader cross-section of those engaged in the profession.

Kristen - I gather from your comments here you actually were interviewed in the movie. If so, was this a part of a coming out, of sorts, for you? How has the experienced changed your perspective with regard to your openess as to what you do?
I've always been intrigued by this world. At a very young age I found my older brother's Playboy & Hustler magazines and experienced a thrill or excitement that I couldn't understand or, even to this day, explain.

I wish I was brave enough to show my face and be part of a project like this. I'm looking forward to watching the movie.

Kisses
Kurrin
That is precisely the proper attitude a true provider should have if they are going to be successful in the business.

I have been with some knock-out providers who have later confided in me that what they do is "degrading".

I was quite shocked to hear such a confession!

. . . Any provider who believes that her work is "degrading" should get therapy or get out of the business.

Bravo. I hope it is true to life. Seems most focus on the BAD things that got us in the business, molested, drugs.. and I know so many that dont have that sad story. Some of us genuinely love doing this.. Originally Posted by Charlotte Carrington
I am being interviewed and I was there for each woman's interview as well. We represent such a wide range of women. From those who started underage and were trafficked, to those who started later in life and have never seen a day of hardship in the industry. The things that each of us have in common is the most powerful part of the story. We are all in control of our life and this is a choice, we all give back to society and we are all women that are proud of who we are and where our lives have taken us. Between the 11 of us, we represent over 175 years of Sex Work. Some started over three decades ago. Our stories span the houses of Nevada, the streets of SF, to the Penthouses in NYC. All of us elite in our own right today. Clients have interviewed, and they too represent a cross section, one that I believe any hobbyist would be proud, that they were representing this sector.

We have done two test audiences as the film is still in edit. I have decided not to be a part of a third, as it is so nerve racking. But I will tell you what happened in both. The film was done playing, still in Rough Cut form, and the room is quite. All I could think was WTF, say something... you loved it... you hated it.... SOMETHING! Then I looked around, there was a woman holding a tissue, her eyes welled up in tears, the man sitting next to me, leaned in finally, after such a long pause, and said... "What the hell is wrong with us, Why isn't this legalized? These women are amazing" And slowly people began to talk. The pregnant pause, was simply because they were still with us. They had put themselves in our shoes, and the movie had changed their perception. The word I kept hearing was "Powerful", and the common thread among the watchers, is each person could see themselves in one of the women. They related, and we had become human.

It has been an honor to be a part of this project and to get to know these women first hand. All of us felt empowered by being allowed to be ourselves. And I was truly happy to see that the old school camaraderie where us girls bond and have each others back, is still alive and well.
thanks so much for your support...
Yes, it does seem to focus on those bad experiences.

However, let me ask the ladies who partook in the film. HOW do you think your clients will feel after viewing the film and seeing/hearing you expose such horrible experiences you went through??

Do you feel they will want to return and visit with you and be able to do so w/o now having on their mind, your bad experiences from your past life??

This film while informative can also be a way to push men away in this adult lifestyle.

I saw the clips, so this is just my POV.
I personally would love to hear from the men, how this film might affect them emotionally/mentally while partaking in this adult lifestyle and or with perhaps those same women in that film.

KristenDiAngelo

Please understand that I am in NO WAY putting you or an unseen movie down, but I was just merely pointing out that I am sick of being depicted as a OHH POOR UNEDUCATED GIRLS that had to be whores attitude.

I am personally writing a book in regards to this very subject, The misjudgement of the ladies in this business.

I know so many upper end educated (myself included, I paid for my education and bought a house in this business) ladies who are amazing at what they do and made a good choice (as you stated the movie did) to do this as a conscience decision in their lives.

Most of society VIEWS US as poor little drug addicted streetwalkers who were abused and don't have any self esteem.

As you and I know that is not the case in most situations, does it exist,, SURE.. but not as the majority.

I would like to do a movie where after watching it the ladies in the audience would form a line to SIGN UP to not only make it legal, but want to join in and make the kind of money we do and have GREAT SEX DAILY.

I see a brothel in the making!!
Yes, it does seem to focus on those bad experiences.

However, let me ask the ladies who partook in the film. HOW do you think your clients will feel after viewing the film and seeing/hearing you expose such horrible experiences you went through??

Do you feel they will want to return and visit with you and be able to do so w/o now having on their mind, your bad experiences from your past life??

This film while informative can also be a way to push men away in this adult lifestyle.

I saw the clips, so this is just my POV.
I personally would love to hear from the men, how this film might affect them emotionally/mentally while partaking in this adult lifestyle and or with perhaps those same women in that film. Originally Posted by Wicked Milf
Agreed WM.

A few questions and thoughts come to mind.

What would push a woman to come out to the world and say "Hey I'm a prostitute"? Do they not plan on having a career outside of this world later on down the road?

I also wonder what their families would think. Maybe they've came out to everyone in their family already.

Would hobbyists hesitate to book the ladies that appeared in the film? I know more than a few men that won't book a lady that shows her face. Pictures can be easily denied but a video is undeniable.

Would this film help or hurt the ladies business? Some of the stories are pretty harsh and not very appealing to high end clientele. Or maybe men are turned on by these harsh stories?

KristenDiAngelo

Please understand that I am in NO WAY putting you or an unseen movie down, but I was just merely pointing out that I am sick of being depicted as a OHH POOR UNEDUCATED GIRLS that had to be whores attitude.

I am personally writing a book in regards to this very subject, The misjudgement of the ladies in this business.

I know so many upper end educated (myself included, I paid for my education and bought a house in this business) ladies who are amazing at what they do and made a good choice (as you stated the movie did) to do this as a conscience decision in their lives.

Most of society VIEWS US as poor little drug addicted streetwalkers who were abused and don't have any self esteem.

As you and I know that is not the case in most situations, does it exist,, SURE.. but not as the majority.

I would like to do a movie where after watching it the ladies in the audience would form a line to SIGN UP to not only make it legal, but want to join in and make the kind of money we do and have GREAT SEX DAILY.

I see a brothel in the making!! Originally Posted by Charlotte Carrington
Love your attitude, Charlotte. The film pretty much did what every hooker documentary does - put us down. I wasn't beaten, raped, molested, promiscuous during my younger years...etc. Everyone had a horrible story to tell. I thought it would shine light on the NORMAL women that do this on their own free will not because they were kicked out, desperate for money, molested..etc.
There are times when the good of the group is more important than just thinking of yourself. When you see the film, I'm sure you will understand. It does make since you would feel that way, because of the stigma attached and America's current attitude. But it is that same attitude that allows us to be treated as less than equal. We are all so readily silenced by societies attitudes. Along time ago, I felt the way you do about keeping things hidden and the fear of hurting others, but if someone doesn't do it, our deaths will continue to go unnoticed and the crimes against will never be taken seriously until we take ourselves that way. There is never a day where I would have wanted any other life that what I was given. It has been glorious and great, and for that I believe that it is time for me to give something back. This industry has given me life, and for that I am grateful.