question for staff... no showcase..

Yep
I have a hell of a time finding showcases. I figured they would be attached to the provider's profiled but I'll be damned if I can find them. Is there any way to find providers of you know their screen names? Several times I have seen providers referenced in a post but I cannot locate them. The search feature is not much use unless I'm missing something here. Need help.
ZX11D, that is what this thread is about. Showcases used to be accessible under their profiles and a link near their avatar. From what St. Chris is saying, those will return.

This is just a guess, but when they moved platforms to clustered servers and added a bunch of widgets, I think their techincal challenges increased exponentially. It has been my experience that sometimes different VB widgets do not play well with each other creating technical challenges/nightmares and those can increase exponentially when you move to a clustered platform. I believe their highest priority is up-time and speed, so some widgets may come and go until they can get them work properly without causing the site to come to a crawl needing their frequent intervention.

St. C, am I close to the target or am I a blind man who can't shoot the broad side of a barn? (probably a little bit of both).
Pretty damn close. For example, the top banner ads have been pulled temporarily today so we can explore the best method for serving those up without causing this recent page lagging phenomenon.....a direct by-product of where the ad server is situated server-wise and how it's affecting page loads.

Regarding showcase, we're doing some pretty extensive changes to the code that runs it. It's currently pretty server-intensive and gets incredibly heavy use which we've noticed affects response time during peak traffic hours. We're getting it reworked in an effort to maximize performance and serve up all the little features you've become accustomed to and at the same time take a tremendous load off the web server.....which is always a good thing.

Sure appreciate everyone's patience regarding all these little irritations and quirks you're noticing. We're gonna be constantly pushing forward with regard to offering the best and most useful resources to our community...and along with that goes some of these damn inevitable p-i-t-a annoyances. Sorry gang...but we won't be taking our eye off the ball, that's for sure!

St. C
So for now. What is the best way to access showcases
Thanks for all your hard work keeping this place running smoothly.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-16-2010, 11:44 PM
So for now. What is the best way to access showcases Originally Posted by ZX11D4
Go here...

Provider Showcases
It'll return soon, just the way you all remember it-postbit link and all. Admittedly, I'm startin' to miss the dang thing too...

St. C Originally Posted by St.Christopher

Postbit link.......oh my head is starting to hurt already
Can you guys just put it back??....