Romney Must Account for Event that Happened - In 1857!

Some are saying this is the most important election in decades. In truth, it is probably the most meaningless. But it does appear it could be the most fun! Get this, the Washington Post is wondering how Romney will respond to a Mormon attack that occurred i 1857!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...go_645241.html

You really can't make this up!

Hollywood made a movie based on the massacre. It was called "September Dawn". It starred John Voight. The timing of the release was suspicious, August 24, 2007. Some people speculated that it was intended to damage Romney's chance of getting the Republican presidential nomination.

The massacre occurred on September 11. The Truthers will probably try to somehow blame the 911 attack on the Mormons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ_9WAtciUc
Next they'll be asking Odumbo -- as a Dimocrat -- to apologize for what that Dimocrat Custer perpetrated at the 'Battle' of the Washita in 1868.
Democrats don't have to apologize, they never do anything wrong.
Next they'll be asking Odumbo -- as a Dimocrat -- to apologize for what that Dimocrat Custer perpetrated at the 'Battle' of the Washita in 1868. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Custer was just a bad man, he got what was coming to him
Custer was just a bad man, he got what was coming to him Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
He was a despicable, glory-seeking peacock. It's a shame so many other men died for his vainglory. Sitting Bull, et al, did the U.S. a favor. Custer wanted to run for president.
Hollywood made a movie based on the massacre. It was called "September Dawn". It starred John Voight. The timing of the release was suspicious, August 24, 2007. Some people speculated that it was intended to damage Romney's chance of getting the Republican presidential nomination. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Interesting anecdote about a possible connection with the GOP nomination.

Saw the movie. Not great, but not terrible.

The Washington Post only cursorily dealt with the massacre within the context of the Utah War. The Federal government did mount an invasion against the Mormons and the Mormons were paranoid: especially after experiencing hostile actions taken against Mormons in Illinois and Missouri. It wouldn't justify the murders, but it would provide greater context for the event.
Whatever. Romney still needs to explain his role in the massacre.
Okay, okay, you got me. One of my ancestors participated in the "Mormon War" in Caldwell county, MO in 1838. I stand ready to accept my ancestors punishment also one of my ancestors killed the Cherokee indian that was the forebear of both Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren.
Democrats don't have to apologize, they never do anything wrong. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, they apologize for all the WRONG things. They apologized for slavery. They apologized for nuking Japan. Hell, who didn't Obama bow down to and apologize to in his first year in office? On the other hand, of course they have done nothing wrong. After all, Democrats live in a world void of moral certainty and thus the need for right or wrong.
  • Seedy
  • 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Democrats don't have to apologize, they never do anything right. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Sorry COG, I just had to correct your statement....lol
Next they'll be asking Odumbo -- as a Dimocrat -- to apologize for what that Dimocrat Custer perpetrated at the 'Battle' of the Washita in 1868. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Pretty rough on a civil war vet.Do you still have the confederate flag flying outside your trailer?
Pretty rough on a civil war vet.Do you still have the confederate flag flying outside your trailer? Originally Posted by ekim008
Leave it to a pea-brained ignoramus like you, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, to defend the actions of a mediocre commander who, for his own personal glory, led a large part of his command into a veritable slaughter.

Evidently you worship and adore ineptitude,
Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, and that's why you are here defending a vainglorious, megalomaniac like Custer and why you continue to defend the incompetent and narcissistic Odumbo.

BTW, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, my American flag -- the one I received from my Congressman when I returned from Afghanistan -- is properly folded and displayed in a trophy case with my other awards on the mantle over my fireplace. So fuck you and your perennial and fallacious straw man arguments,
Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged.
Leave it to a pea-brained ignoramus like you, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, to defend the actions of a mediocre commander who, for his own personal glory, led a large part of his command into a veritable slaughter.

Evidently you worship and adore ineptitude,
Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, and that's why you are here defending a vainglorious, megalomaniac like Custer and why you continue to defend the incompetent and narcissistic Odumbo.

BTW, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, my American flag -- the one I received from my Congressman when I returned from Afghanistan -- is properly folded and displayed in a trophy case with my other awards on the mantle over my fireplace. So fuck you and your perennial and fallacious straw man arguments,
Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Wondered what stupid reply you would have should have known it was the same old same old .Just another retread of the petty name calling. change your avatar to IB jerking off .suits you more.
Wondered what stupid reply you would have should have known it was the same old same old .Just another retread of the petty name calling. change your avatar to IB jerking off .suits you more. Originally Posted by ekim008
So, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, you stupidly interjected yourself into a thread to defend the actions of a mediocre commander who, for his own personal glory, led a large part of his command into a veritable slaughter. Now you realize, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, you are too stupid to defend your original ignorant premise; so -- absent cogent, deliberative thought -- you once again begin to ignorantly deflect.

BTW,
Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged, your avatar befits you well in that it portrays only fleshless, skeletal remains capped with a cavernous, empty cranium incapable of cogent, deliberative thought. RIP, Ekim the Inbred -- the genetically challenged.

For the history challenged Custer and his command was wiped out at the Little Big Horn (Greasy Grass) River in 1876. The incident Washita was considered a massacre by some. Men, women, and some children were killed in the night attack. Custer "distinguished" himself by effectively abandoning 20 men under his command who got wiped out by counterattacking Indians.