Backpage ad copy

It seems that about half of the backpage ads don’t have anything listed other than “contact”, then the phone number. It’s happened too quickly and encompasses too many of the ads to be individual decisions of the advertiser. Just curious as to what the deal is if anyone happens to know.
I was curious about that too. They still allow some posts to contain an ad title and content within the ad but I tried to renew my ad and even make a whole new one and just like you said, doonan, I was only allowed to put in my phone number.

BP also started charging girls $2-3 to post again. I do get a steady stream of business off BP along with regulars but if it wasn’t worth it I’d stop posting there altogether.
I just noticed that today. I was thinking that it might be pimps placing those ads so thank you for clearing that up, sweet.treat69.
BP is trying to cover their asses as the courts have came down hard on them in response to all of the human trafficking allegations.

I'd imagine that it takes a lot of time to look through the millions of ads that contain incriminating innuendo as many advertisers listed their services/rates and such.
no ad copy allowed??
if you got some computer skills or know someone who does. a wirkaround is to write it in some other text editor or word processor, turn it into an image, and post that as one of your images. bp will gave to process/filter images to catch/stop that.
I just put all my info on a Photo ..
at least that restriction saves some time to see their ph#'s area code.
I was checking today and almost all of the local ads have a phone and Facebook page. I would be extremely cautious of clicking on their FB link. It will perpetually show up on your page as a recommended friend and you, of course will show up on hers.