Suggestions on boat storage/slips

• EDM
  • 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone have a good recommendation for where I can keep my boat for fairly easy access to a lake around here? Currently I have it wrapped up at a storage facility in San Antonio. I'd like to keep it in dry storage at least in the winter. I couldn't find many places on Canyon Lake and the "Canyon Lake Marina" charges like $260/mo for a wet slip and you have to sign a one year lease on the space - that's a little steep for the amount of use I would get out of it.

I don't have a towing vehicle but could pick up a used one if I found a good enough deal on a spot to store the boat if need be. Ideally though I'd like to just keep in at a marina.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - and I am open to other lakes as well. Canyon Lake was the only one I could see online that looked like what I was looking for. The boat is a center console but I like to wakeboard/ski and just go out and have a good time in the sun as well so the lake doesn't have to be very well stocked for me to get on it.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Red Cove at Medina Lake has wet slips and the only place left on the lake to launch
Let me ask a few of my buddys if they know of any boat storage/slips.
I had heard there was a storage place with slips on McQueeney. Don't know if it was true or not, or if they're still around. It was supposed to be by the downstream dam, right above Lake Placid.