Market Research?

Lately I have seen threads about new condoms that need 4 hands. Posts about condoms that delay or desensitize ejaculation etc. I wonder how these companies do thier market research when the average person only has 7-10 partners. Here on ECCIE we have dozens and even hundreds of partners. It seems that a good common manufacture would poll providers instead, the real experts, instead of introducing some of these lame ideas.

Also, I would like to see a lower voltage sex taser come to market. My SO and I tried to ride the lightening as we both came with a real taser but it was way too much. Most of the sex toys on the market are cheap and of poor quality. Most sex furniture is cheap. Errrrr. Cheap and lame is not fun!
Wait, 7-10?

Is that stat right?

Is that high school or whole life?

Seriously, leaving hobbying out of it, it can’t be that low.
Well, I suppose there are a few people left that have been in long term monogamous relationships that have a low count. I venture to guess that the population that applies to is aging out. By nature people "forget", don't keep track or don't want to admit the sheer number of actual partners. Like a lot of things, you will never see accurate statistics.

OP you are correct that no one is asking for us to give opinions on new products prior to production. The only way to affect that is to stop buying poor quality toys and the like. It's not like you can return the crap if it doesn't work for you. Reading reviews can save a few bucks. As much as possible, I try to go to a store to look for sex toys and the like. At least you can turn them on etc. It's certainly more expensive than ordering online.
Wait, 7-10?

Is that stat right?

Seriously, leaving hobbying out of it, it can’t be that low. Originally Posted by pistol shot
Well...

If I were to leave hobbying completely out of my count, mine would be under that 7.

Doesn't seem that off for many.
Wait, 7-10?

Is that stat right?

Seriously, leaving hobbying out of it, it can’t be that low. Originally Posted by pistol shot
Agree with Grace.

If someone were to randomly ask me my opinion, my guess would be 5-7 or so. Most of my real world friends (m and f), and relatives, simply haven’t had that many partners.

For example, once I had to listen to an old friend lecture me about how experienced she was because she had been intimate with three men besides her husband. This happened in my 40’s. (If memory serves, I’d been with 3 men that day but maybe she was born with it.)

In the past, a bunch of clients have shared with me the numbers of past partners and usually, the number is much lower than expected.

The participants here that have been with 100+ women are an anomaly.
Well...

If I were to leave hobbying completely out of my count, mine would be under that 7.

Doesn't seem that off for many. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
This reminds me of a doc on Amazon Prime that I watched about prostitution in Germany. Can't think of the name right now. One of the main girls said that she had only slept w/ around 15 men in her regular life and she was so proud. Then the interviewer asked her how many "professionally" and she froze and didn't want to say. They pressed her and eventually she admitted it was in the thousands (I'm talking high thousands) and her whole mood dropped. She went from happy to depressed in about 60 seconds. It was an interesting reaction, and made me more curious about how girls try to compartmentalize this whole lifestyle and how some struggle with it.
  • Crock
  • 05-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Also, I would like to see a lower voltage sex taser come to market. My SO and I tried to ride the lightening as we both came with a real taser but it was way too much. Most of the sex toys on the market are cheap and of poor quality. Most sex furniture is cheap. Errrrr. Cheap and lame is not fun! Originally Posted by FunMonday
Uh, a taser would totally incapacitate you, so I doubt that's what you tried. You probably tried one of those cheap "stun guns" from the 80s that inflicts pain, but doesn't stop anyone from doing anything.

If you want to mess around with electricity in the bedroom, try a TENS unit, or a Violet Wand (you can get a cheap one sold as an acne/facial device on Amazon). Both can be very fun in VERY different ways.