Favorite Bar in San Antonio

• oden
  • 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Curious to hear from guys and gals: What is your favorite Happy Hour Bar? Favorite Late Night?
When I hit the bars, I generally stay with the bars in the 281/Bitters area...The one's I hit up are not too ghetto, pricey, trendy, etc.. I like laid back places.
All of them!!
I generally keep my tooshie in New Braunfels. There are some great laid back friendly pubs here, plus my sxy sister works at one down the road so free drinks!
I've been helped out of the Three Legged Monkey quite a few times.
Cougars hang out at Champs and Stonewerks.....
... everyone hangs out at Stonewerks...

For a place with shitty food (IMHO), it sure stays packed. Must be their signature roofies martinis. heh
The Cove or La Tuna. Leaping Lizard if downtown.
Crazy D's, New York Bar, Bitter End, The Falls, Grotto Bar, Cross Eyed Seagull....... to name a few

If you are looking for drink specials, New York bar has $1.50 just about everything these days.
Dragon210...where's the NY Bar?
That is a good special Dragon. I've never been inside, but I've driven by it if it is the place I'm thinking of. Redland Rd. and 1604?
This is good to know because when I visit, I always wonder where to grab a nice drink and fun atmosphere. I always just end up hanging out at the hotel bar/pool instead (which sometimes can get me into trouble).
That is a good special Dragon. I've never been inside, but I've driven by it if it is the place I'm thinking of. Redland Rd. and 1604? Originally Posted by quiet1ss
that's the place, 1604 between gold canyon and redland.
Dragon210...where's the NY Bar? Originally Posted by Likinikki
NY Bar is on the corner of 1604 and Redland on the South corner by El Chaparral Restaurant.
  • oden
  • 01-19-2010, 10:37 PM
How does it compare to Chicago in Stone Oak? I hear its the same owner.