I'm in Heaven?

• jfred
  • 02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Mmm.
Jfred, we need to hang sometime...
jfred,
I hope Heaven does not mind that you are on the computer while inside that special place.

I will try that feat next time I am inside Haven. I hope she is cool with that.
  • jfred
  • 02-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Yeah, there was originally a little more to this post than what remains above.

"Mmm" was the sound of my having second thoughts about leaving it there. This probably wasn't the place for it. Sorry for the waste of space.

I'm up for hanging, CPI. It's been too long.
We just thought the rapture occurred.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vtAjHvhHA"]YouTube- Heaven On Their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar (1970 Version)[/ame]

Heaven on Their Minds

My mind is clearer now
At last
All too well
I can see
Where we all
Soon will be
If you strip away
The myth
From the man
You will see
Where we all
Soon will be

Jesus!
You've started to believe
The things they say of you
You really do believe
This talk of God is true

And all the good you've done
Will soon be swept away
You've begun to matter more
Than the things you say

Listen Jesus
I don't like what I see
All I ask is that you listen to me
And remember
I've been your right hand man all along
You have set them all on fire
They think they've found the new Messiah
And they'll hurt you when they find they're wrong

I remember when this whole thing began
No talk of God then, we called you a man
And believe me
My admiration for you hasn't died
But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Nazareth's most famous son
Should have stayed a great unknown
Like his father carving wood
He'd have made good
Tables, chairs and oaken chests
Would have suited Jesus best
He'd have caused nobody harm
No one alarm

Listen Jesus, do you care for your race?
Don't you see we must keep in our place?
We are occupied
Have you forgotten how put down we are?
I am frightened by the crowd
For we are getting much too loud
And they'll crush us if we go too far
If we go too far

Listen Jesus to the warning I give
Please remember that I want us to live
But it's sad to see our chances weakening with ev'ry hour
All your followers are blind
Too much heaven on their minds
It was beautiful, but now it's sour
Yes it's all gone sour
Ah --- ah ah ah --- ah
God Jesus, it's all gone sour

Listen Jesus to the warning I give
Please remember that I want us to live
So come on, come on, listen to me.
Ah --- ah
Come on, listen, listen to me.
Come on and listen to me.
Ah --- ah
  • jfred
  • 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Sisyphus, I'm pleased that you highjacked the thread I tired to dump and used it to put in a good word for Judas Iscariot. Your desire to intervene on his behalf would have done him a lot more good in his hour of need, but still...

JC Superstar was a real phenomenon, I remember when it came out. Thanks for the flashback.

Written long before, of course, but published well after the play, the Gnostic Gospel of Judas also portrays a conversation between Jesus and Judas, but there Judas receives special knowledge. Apparently the post-Christian group that circulated the story (and eventually wrote it down and preserved it) also thought Judas got a bad rap. What others called a betrayal, they recognized as Judas simply doing his master's bidding.

http://www.aestheteka.com/gospel_of_judas_full_text.htm

P.S. Pyramider, if the rapture occurs I expect you and I will be around to scratch our heads about it.

P.P.S UTR4whatever, your making use of my failed thread to put in a plug for your ATF is okay, too. But trust me, you're not a comedian.
Sisyphus, I'm pleased that you highjacked the thread I tired to dump and used it to put in a good word for Judas Iscariot. Originally Posted by jfred
Highjack?? Moi??? Why I am offended, sir, nee insulted....

By the time I got to it, the op in the thread was blank. I just figured that meant it was "free form" & that song was the first thing that popped into my - admittedly - warped brain...

Your desire to intervene on his behalf would have done him a lot more good in his hour of need, but still... Originally Posted by jfred
True. But I was busy. Something about a rock... a hill... it's all still a little hazy...

JC Superstar was a real phenomenon, I remember when it came out. Thanks for the flashback.

Written long before, of course, but published well after the play, the Gnostic Gospel of Judas also portrays a conversation between Jesus and Judas, but there Judas receives special knowledge. Apparently the post-Christian group that circulated the story (and eventually wrote it down and preserved it) also thought Judas got a bad rap. What others called a betrayal, they recognized as Judas simply doing his master's bidding.

http://www.aestheteka.com/gospel_of_judas_full_text.htm Originally Posted by jfred
You're welcome & no problem! Two things always struck me about JCS.

First, I saw it as kind of a twist on the opening of McBeth... fair is foul & foul is fair. JCS completely flips the script on the traditional Gospel story. What if Jesus was a blowhard ego manic who started to believe his own press & Judas was the guy who was trying to be the voice of reason?

Second, and kind of completely in the opposite direction... it was a wonderful interpretation of the "Sunday School" answer to the question, "Why did the Jews reject Jesus?" That being, they were looking for a political Messiah... not a spiritual one. If you look at the Gospel Jesus from a political perspective... of course the guy scares the hell out of the Establishment. He's gonna get them ALL killed!!!

I've always found the juxtaposition fascinating. I could listen to the soundtrack all day... and frequently do!!
I have not thought about that album in about 20 years... it is some FINE music!
Yes, it is some fine music and I just loved it, and the musical itself when I was in high school and beyond.

But did anyone see the musical at Fair Park about three years ago or so? Oh jeez. I went with our Cub Scout troop and I took a friend who could teach a Bible thumper a thing or two and my child.

During one scene there was a cross onstage and extremely large. I would say that it covered almost 2/3 of the stage and there were several prostitutes dry humping and dancing all over the cross.

It was really graphic and I just couldn't take my eyes off of it but people all around me were reacting.

My friend started to gasp (it was a street version of the play), the scout leader's wife hung her head down, and I just leaned to the Scout Master and whispered in his ear, "Well, you don't see something like that everyday!".

No once was scarred for life at any rate but my friend told me that I should have told her that this musical was going to be "like that". She was really annoyed. And announced that she would never go to the theatre or to a play with me again. It was really funny to me at the time.

But also one of those "oh heck" moments as well.

It's weird how interpretation of just about everything changes with how one views things with age.

Elisabeth