Make Login Mandatory to read Anything

Well, call me cautious but its just a matter of time before someone, or something happens and this site gets in the news.....no nothing really is going to help, but forcing any readers to login and register is going to help in a number of ways.

Its going to force folks to go through the process of registering to read, and its going to at least have an over-21 flag on it.

If I owned this site, I'd do it in a second. You can even leave the ads up on the landing page, but when the shit hits the fan, and I said when not if, its going to be a good damage control and an argument that its a private site.....
Over 21? A lot of providers here are 18...
NOW XGF read my email (she knew my pass word.......ya I know I am a dum shit.......anyway she read my email where I told a provider I was on this site.....she googled the site and found my posting......ALL OF THEM! she didnt get the ros.....atleast i dont think she did.........I agree 1000% log in for anything on this site!
Well, call me cautious but its just a matter of time before someone, or something happens and this site gets in the news.....no nothing really is going to help, but forcing any readers to login and register is going to help in a number of ways.

Its going to force folks to go through the process of registering to read, and its going to at least have an over-21 flag on it.

If I owned this site, I'd do it in a second. You can even leave the ads up on the landing page, but when the shit hits the fan, and I said when not if, its going to be a good damage control and an argument that its a private site..... Originally Posted by bayoucadillac
Bayou, operate under the assumption that whomever you don't want to know that you're on ECCIE is already here reading this. Presume that your local police have a mole account collecting data, that your SO is hunting for connections between what your screen name says and the man behind the keyboard if you haven't disclosed your hobbying, and you'll be ok.

NOW XGF read my email (she knew my pass word.......ya I know I am a dum shit.......anyway she read my email where I told a provider I was on this site.....she googled the site and found my posting......ALL OF THEM! she didnt get the ros.....atleast i dont think she did.........I agree 1000% log in for anything on this site! Originally Posted by soldierboy44

Nothing you do in the hobby should in any way be associated to you in real life. Separate e-mail, separate phone number, fake business cards, fake identity - I don't even give providers my real name. If your account is in any way linked to you in real life (do you use similar handles to soldierboy44?) I'd encourage you to abandon ship and start fresh.
Well, call me cautious but its just a matter of time before someone, or something happens and this site gets in the news..... Originally Posted by bayoucadillac
Like what?
  • xtrem
  • 12-25-2015, 12:44 PM
This is old news. This has already been speculated, on the tv news, etc., blah. Blah blah.

Do a google search.
TG.......stupid is what stupid does........however I am not THAT stupid........maybe I wanted to get caught........but either way she is gone now and I am free.......matter of fact I am fuck my new ATF in about 32 minutes........and if she (xgf) wants to read the review let her.......

If I owned this site, I'd do it in a second. You can even leave the ads up on the landing page, but when the shit hits the fan, and I said when not if, its going to be a good damage control and an argument that its a private site..... Originally Posted by bayoucadillac
Since ANYONE can open a free account on here and login with their username and password then that would not be any good.
18/21 whatever works.
I think a secret handshake would be in order.
Meet a mod, he teaches you the secret handshake.
We should also post encrypted where you have to have a key.
Copy and paste the key and de-encrypt.

-----BEGIN MESSAGE-----
Encryption-Info: AES-128,CBC,PKCS5 Padding
Key-Info: MD5,PBKDF2 HmacSHA1

8OrmiWagowFNJBOJJLlqZZz82A028H TASvVs7siEzsDZAaBB6h3/DoAfgFYNUya627tVGQ4qOlWF
6Pmc2R4IsR38uxOsiz69YGIUPJDSKc zspy5OENSNfZrAxxhuvBnv
-----END MESSAGE-----

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

It makes me a bit uncomfortable that everything we post here is openly searchable on google. It makes screening easier for me, but I do just as well when a fella is on a different site, that is not as open, and I have to join to see his posts and get to know him.

Uncomfortable, yes - enough to jump ship, nah.

I'm curious, what was the logic behind "the powers that be" keeping it open as it is?

Inquiring minds and such...
I think a secret handshake would be in order. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Don't they call that the "cop check"?
What I think is this site makes money mainly from advertisements. Keep the forum open and you will have more traffic.
What I think is this site makes money mainly from advertisements. Keep the forum open and you will have more traffic. Originally Posted by Candyman007
The ads could stay up on the log in page......no problem. There should be no loss of ad traffic......
Over 21? A lot of providers here are 18... Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Yes - And God bless them, every one.