Its amazing how much the words thank you and your welcome really mean.

I was a place of business today and this nice old man saw me walking too the door and waited tell I got there and held it open for me. I told him thank you and he said your welcome. Since then I have been on cloud nine. It just makes you feel really good too hear things like that from time too time.
I was a place of business today and this nice old man saw me walking too the door and waited tell I got there and held it open for me. I told him thank you and he said your welcome. Since then I have been on cloud nine. It just makes you feel really good too hear things like that from time too time. Originally Posted by Tara Evans

Tara I would always open every door for you and thank you for everything you do!!!
the most stunning example happened to me in wash. dc years ago.
after my bizmtg, i headed back to the hotel to get luggage and head to the airport.
it was july and hot in dc. so i headed to the closest sidewalk snack/drink/news vendor to get some water.
as i walked closer, i could tell he was middle eastern or at least mediterranean.

the first thing he said to me as i approached...
"Good day my friend. Good to see you. What can I get for you?"

and i thought, WOW so simple an expression yet so uplifting an expression.
i felt honored.

i also learned that when i walk up to someone i dont know to ask a question or get directions, i always say Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening, then thank them afterwards.

thx tara for reminding me of the friendliness we should show others.
Thank YOU !

I was a place of business today and this nice old man saw me walking too the door and waited tell I got there and held it open for me. I told him thank you and he said your welcome. Since then I have been on cloud nine. It just makes you feel really good too hear things like that from time too time. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
We're only here for a blink of an eye, folks....being nice to one another and saying nice things....being courteous and using good manners should be the easiest thing we do when the opportunity presents itself.

It doesn't cost any of us one thin dime to extend a kind word / phrase either.....and there's no telling how it'll affect the recipient. Chances are...like Tara....you'll put a smile on their face for the rest of the day.
Good posting Tara! There are a few members here that should take this to heart. I had an experience with a teller at a bank not too long ago, where she went over and above with her customer service and genuinely thanked me for doing business with them, (not like that, get your mind out of the gutter for a few minutes at least). Most people are good people and have the best intentions, but it is the few select ones that just being around them makes you feel better and puts a smile on your face and when you meet someone with an empathetic personality at work, at play, ect. then you are happy the rest of the day and perhaps the next.
You'll probably get threADed for this one, Tara, but paying it forward never hurt anybody. Well, except here, where you pay as you go, but you get the drift. I hold doors, say yes ma'am to grocery checkers younger than me, and when you get the ubiquitous toss off "have a nice day" always say "and you, too", or "yourself!". Turn the meaningless into meaningful, the only true alchemy we have. Surprised? Me too, when I found out ~ze~ was a romantic!

I love warm n fuzzy PSA's!

But this isn't the real world so we can set our inner asshole free in here, right? Good. I'll hold the door and call you ma'am, get the big bag of dog food down for you, put your mulch in your over priced hybrid SUV when I'm done loading my own, explain guacamole without sneering to someone from Boston while in line at Taco Cabana, hell I'll even put air in your tire in the rain for you, gramma, but in here the golden rule is just be a little less douche!

And, have a nice day!
  • tdl
  • 10-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I bet you made his day too!
That is a way of life in small town Texas. Hold the door for ladies, carry an elderly persons groceries to their car for them, yes sir and yes ma'am. It's like night and day to the big city.
Tara...I would like to have a chance to spoil you any day of the week....
I'd think the guys would be fighting over who got to hold the door open for you Tara, lol. I was raised to always hold the door for a lady, however, some ladies take it as a slight. I always say, "sorry you took it that way but you're in Texas, here it's called having manners."
  • MojoR
  • 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Reminds me that I got to experience a RAK (random act of kindness) last week at Starbucks. I pulled up to the window after ordering my usual. I had the cash out all ready to pay. The lady at the window handed my drink over with a huge smile and said that the car in front of me paid for my drink and wished me a good day. That made my week.
Reminds me that I got to experience a RAK (random act of kindness) last week at Starbucks. I pulled up to the window after ordering my usual. I had the cash out all ready to pay. The lady at the window handed my drink over with a huge smile and said that the car in front of me paid for my drink and wished me a good day. That made my week. Originally Posted by MojoR
You sound like you might be a chiver? Lol

KCCO
Did anybody see the story on the news about people in line at the drive-thru fast food joints offering to pay for the person's meal behind them?

I'm actually gonna do that next time. And I hope its a carload full.
  • MojoR
  • 10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
You sound like you might be a chiver? Lol

KCCO Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
Sure am!

KCCO!