R.I.P. Lou Reed

A great artist and songwriter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZhuuoWENeQ
Absolutely...Velvet Underground...they never played them on the radio in the 60's, at least I don't remember. 40 or so years later and my sons love "Walk On The Wild Side"....

Do, dodo, dodo, dodododo, do, dodo, dodo....
just saw that...all my rock and roll heroes are dropping by the wayside. lou reed was a true pioneer.
wow he was 71. i never thought he would last this long RIP
saw a quote today, will paraphase "his first record only sold 10,000 copies. But each of those people went and formed a band."

RIP
Very interesting cat. Enjoyed some of his interviews and the insights provided therein as much as I enjoyed his music (and I did enjoy his music).

RIP
saw a quote today, will paraphase "his first record only sold 10,000 copies. But each of those people went and formed a band."

RIP Originally Posted by pilot4u2.0
What a great quote. VU's "Loaded" is one of my favorite albums of all time. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it start to finish. He will be missed.

RIP
saw Lou at the erstwhile Bronco Bowl in 1996... great artist
Absolutely...Velvet Underground...they never played them on the radio in the 60's, at least I don't remember. 40 or so years later and my sons love "Walk On The Wild Side"....

And the colored girls go "Do, dodo, dodo, dodododo, do, dodo, dodo...." Originally Posted by Prolongus
FIFY

"You can't know the music if you don't know the story"
Herbie Hancock