Why ECCIE's Pennsylvania board is so dead

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are lumped together in the Pennsylvania board. The two cities are over 300 miles apart with a mountain range in-between.

It's incredibly frustrating to read something on your local board that seems interesting and then realize "Oh, it'd be an 11 hour round-trip car ride to see her! That or I'd have to get to the airport, book a flight and then figure out how to get there from the airport when I landed."

Right now you don't even have locations in post titles so people in Pennsylvania have no idea if the post they're about to click on is even remotely in their area. Usually it's not and the lurker grows frustrated and turns to another site. (You'll click on some post with a title like "Starr" and a positive review will come up and she'll be described as being in a neighborhood whose name you don't know. You then realize, oh, she's at least 300 miles away. It's a collosal turn-off.)

As a result this board has very little participation from anyone in either city these days.

Philadelphia is considerably closer to Baltimore, Washington D.C. and New York City than it is to Pittsburgh.

Philadelphia is pretty much the same distance from Boston that is from Pittsburgh (though minus mountains): it's thus like having Phillie and Boston on the same board, classified as the same region.

ASDP had a huge following in Pittsburgh (I've heard the people in Texas were surprised at just how popular ASDP became in Pittsburgh) and Phillie is well represented on another site so clearly there's a lot of interest in hobby reviews in that city as well.

You'd think ECCIE would then be in a prime position to get many more Pittsburgh posters and probably plenty in Phillie too, but right now you're just turning off posters from both cities and as a result the Pennsylvania board is almost dead. Weeks can go by without posts, months in some categories.

By not giving Pittsburgh and Philadelphia seperate boards you would seem to be giving up on both cities and the state as a whole.
MrMark,

Your comments are generally correct but I doubt that dividing Pennsylvania into Pittsburgh and Philadelphia forums would help. As I understand it the ASPD Pittsburgh crowd has largely migrated to another site. And truth be told, there never was much of an ASPD Philly crowd: just me and few other infrequent posters. It was similarly dead in New Jersey.

So don't hold your breath even if the administrator gives us the proper division of the the Commonwealth.

Awl4knot
The other site that people in Pittsburgh have gravitated to (Indys) is run by people with connections to certain providers. It's actually excellent for what it is, but it serves a very different purpose than, say, ASDP did.

At it's best Indys is basically a vouch system. The providers who are part of that community - and there are more than a few - understandably prefer seeing guys who are vouched and who they thus know are neither thugs nor LE. And guys can be sure that the girls are legit too.

But it's not really a forum for honest candid reviews.

What's more, it's very bad for information about girls who are on Backpages or CL or at an AMP or any provider or service that isn't affiliated with them.

So trust me: there's plenty of room for a site like ECCIES in Pittsburgh.
Listening very closely here, guys.

Philly/Pittsburg suggestions? I'm all ears. PM if you want to. I'd love to see the Pennsylvania folks start to migrate back here. Tell us what we need to do and I will make it happen.

St. C
Yes separate them...why not. It makes me sad to see so little folks viewing the PA forum here as compared to how many were viewing w/ASPD. Hope it grows again.
Im a Pittsburgh native and will be touring there next week and had hoped for more activity from the PA forrum, but it's almost none existant. Yes, there is INDY's but it's not the same as having an active PA forum going on. Well with that said, I still cant wait to get back to my fellow yinzers!!
We heard and it's done. I'm in the process of trying to separate the posts into the proper areas now. If I make a mistake because of not being 100% with the geography, drop me a PM and tell me.