More Houston area 'newbie' problems.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=90253

http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=579628&postcount=21

Lately in the Houston forums, we have had more than enough problems with newbies registering and on the same day doing a lot of flaming. Obviously they know how to use these boards and they sure aren't some newbie.

Today on one of the posts linked, someone who just registered mentioned some provider doing the bestiality thing.

Frankly, I am so tired of these 'newbies' registering with the intent of flaming others and not using their regular handles, I could just shit.

Can't you mods and admins come up with something, maybe a 3 day no posting privilege after registering or something of that nature?

I hope you guys can, because it's getting way out of hand, at least in the Houston area it is.

As an ex mod and ex admin, what I would do is ban the 'newbie', but at the same time, either edit out all of their posts or completely remove all of their post. I mean what good is it to ban the person linked to the above posts, yet leave in the subject about the bestiality. One way to aid stopping this would be to edit out all of their posts, because they have no credibility to begin with. Now, this isn't all newbies, just the ones who are obviously using another handle to start shit.
Dear John - I am glad you said something .... I thought that no one gave a crap about credibility anymore - the troublemakers register start a flame thread and in some cases I have noticed sidetrack/hijack legitimate threads by seasoned members and or LOUDLY disagree or contadict reveiws. This needs to be repaired or this board will loose all credibility and become useless. The problem is on both sides of the equation; Hobbiest's and Providers. I am ready for the Flames for this response - I can handle it after all I was a Firefighter dor 20 years - just a suggestion to those this applies to .... go play in the Kiddie Pool this area is for the Grown Ups
  • Mokoa
  • 09-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Have you brought this stuff up to the Mods in your area?
Even if you limit the people from posting until a certain threshold is met, they'll still flame/hijack once they hit it. The only way to clamp down is to become more oppressive, and the vast majority don't want that.
we just need to close the threads immediately.