books on rope-work?

So a new SB is looking to experiment with being tied up... She's done this before with a prior SD and liked it and wants more. Not one to disappoint I told her I'd be down with it as long as I'm not causing pain. So with that in mind is there any kind of tying up your girlfriend for Dummies style reference? I'm not going to be making a career of this, just a few ideas and some common use knots should suffice.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondage-Beg.../dp/1847324533

FYI, I haven't read it, don't want to read it, and have no knowledge of the contents. I Just googled "Bondage for Beginners". Google is your friend...

Look up books by the Knotty Boys. Their books have the best diagrams and will walk you through the steps of making a rope bra, for example. I believe they also share how to hog-tie a person and several other types of rope tying.

It's probably the easiest of the books to comprehend and also, the book teaches some basic tying techniques, slip knots and the such.

Really good stuff. They have two books that I remember. Maybe three. All of them are great. Side note: if the ladies on this board haven't tried learning some rope tying, try it. Very good information to know whether tying a guy to a bed or just being out and about and needing to have that skill set.

Midori is probably one of the most well known of rope teachers. She has a few books out as well.

I've read several books on Shibari, although it really isn't a big thing with me, and have seen some rope demos.

I think that starting with these two authors (and then for a third suggestion, look up Lee Harrington) will be your best bet.

Plus, it's fun reading.

Good luck!
Elisabeth
Thanks...enough to get me started... although for another reason I actually won't be needing this skill, but maybe I'll get one never hurts to be a good boyscout and be prepared.
It's Two Knotty Boys. Had to think about it for a bit.

Also, think that there are some youtube videos with them as well.

Good luck!!!

Oh, and you're welcomed. Trying new things is always a positive.