More Broken Promises From Odumbo

More NON-transparency from Odumbo.

Obama Trade Document Leaked, Revealing New Corporate Powers And Broken Campaign Promises

"Bush was better than Obama on this," said Judit Rius, U.S. manager of Doctors Without Borders Access to Medicines Campaign, referring to the medication rules. "It's pathetic, but it is what it is. The world's upside-down."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D169383
Unbelievable. Watch the Obamatons remain silent on this one.
Unbelievable. Watch the Obamatons remain silent on this one. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You are prescient, COG.
  • CJ7
  • 06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Unbelievable. Watch the Obamatons remain silent on this one. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

romney is all for it

Basic public health and land-use rules would be subject to challenge before an international tribunal, as would bank regulations at capital levels that might be used to stymie bank runs or financial crises. The IMF has advocated the use of such capital controls, which would be prohibited under the current version of the leaked trade pact. Although several countries have proposed exceptions that would allow them to regulate speculative financial bets, the U.S. has resisted those proposals, according to Public Citizen.
Trans-Pacific negotiations have been taking place throughout the Obama presidency. The deal is strongly supported by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the top lobbying group for American corporations. Obama's Republican opponent in the 2012 presidential elections, Mitt Romney, has urged the U.S. to finalize the deal as soon as possible.

EEEEEEKKKKK .. U N B E L I E V E A B L E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The terms [of the Odumbo Trade Document] run contrary to campaign promises issued by Obama and the Democratic Party during the 2008 campaign.

"We will not negotiate bilateral trade agreements that stop the government from protecting the environment, food safety, or the health of its citizens; give greater rights to foreign investors than to U.S. investors; require the privatization of our vital public services; or prevent developing country governments from adopting humanitarian licensing policies to improve access to life-saving medications," reads the campaign document.

Yet nearly all of those vows are violated by the leaked Trans-Pacific document. The one that is not contravened in the present document -- regarding access to life-saving medication -- is in conflict with a
previously leaked document on intellectual property (IP) standards.
Romney is for this? Seriously? If that's true, Romney is an ass.
  • CJ7
  • 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Romney is for this? Seriously? If that's true, Romney is an ass. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I c/p'd the last 2 paragraphs from the article itself

apparently you and IB didnt read it before you jumped on Obie's butt
Obama is wrong on this, and so is Romney. My mistake was thinking that Romney might have some sense.
I c/p'd the last 2 paragraphs from the article itself

apparently you and IB didnt read it before you jumped on Obie's butt Originally Posted by CJ7
Wrong! Odumbo promised he wouldn't do it -- but you have your head so far up his ass, so you ignored that little tidbit.
  • CJ7
  • 06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Romney is more Obamaesque than Obama is