Hooker, Provider, Whore, Prostitute, etc. - What's the difference?

Same goes for the Clients, Johns, Tricks, etc. I know it may sound more legitimate or professional to use he terms Provider & Client, but when it gets down to brass tacks, everyone knows what's really going on.

Do the ladies get offended if they are referred to as a Hooker, Prostitute or Whore instead of Provider? Same goes for the men; do you get offended if you're referred to as a John or Trick?

I brought this up to a lady and she laughed, and said that anyone who gets offended by using terms to describe the relationship other than Provider/Client is just kidding themselves.

Everyone knows what's really going on, so why sugarcoat it? Just curious.
Semantics. I don't really care what someone calls me, because I'm not that thin skinned and I get paid the same amount no matter what label you want to put on it. What you (or anyone else) think of me is mostly irrelevant. If it makes you feel better to call me a provider, knock yourself out. If you like the word prostitute better, fine by me. The intent behind the word used matters much more than the word itself. Calling me a provider with derision and judgment is much worse than calling me a whore with no ill will.

I think a lot of us use Provider and Client because we take our business seriously, and we want you to know that. You're not just a John, because we want to see you again and again, and we will do our best to help that professional relationship flourish. If we were to refer to ourselves as Hookers you might not get that same impression. It's all just marketing.
Wise words spoken Caroline.

My number one rule - don't treat me like a john and i won't treat you like a whore.

But i will bare the title SLUT that Reese Foster gave me.
You forgot one.... Wife.

I personally think there is some difference in each label, the real differences being in the terms agreed to as well as the overall "experience."

IMO, to call a Courtesan "hooker" is like calling an piece of artisan bread a donut. Both are delectable, but inherently different and serve different purposes, and feed different appetites
No difference whatsoever...
I think many, if not most, most would say it's not what you call her, it's that you call her.
It's all terminology. Same meaning, different words. Or as previously stated, semantics, if you prefer. The context in which it is used. Makes all the difference. You can be rude, judgmental an down right mean. Or jovial , so it all depends on the context, in which you are using the words.

JMO
For future reference! Whenever I use any of those labels I'm only being jovial no matter what my tone might suggest.
I appreciate all the whores I've enjoyed so far.
I like this way
Use prostitute when you talk in general of the profession,
Use Provider when setting things up.
Use whore, dirty whore,little slut between the sheets.
Use hooker when you are done with her and just bragging online.
I thought "sex worker" was becoming the favoret term, promoted by the sex worker Union. Prostitute is a legal term.

http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style/...icle-1.1975176
CD... I appreciated your response -- but I think that the terms (Provider-Client) should be more than 'marketing'-- They should embody each party's 'mind set' and set forth roles/expectations.
Well, they probably "should," but there is no way to keep people who don't possess the "mind set" or other qualifiers from using any term they see fit. So it just gets watered down and kind of meaningless. Think of terms like "classy," "VIP," "exclusive," etc. Meaningless now because even $50 quickie ladies use these terms with reckless abandon.

So call me whatever you will. Refer to yourself however you will. My service and atmosphere remain the same no matter what label you put on it.
What's the difference? Alot!!

Hooker-works w/out pimp, works the streets, takes any amount of $ and gets to keep it.

Prostiute-pimp gets all her $, tells her when to work.

Whore-sleeps w/anyone and everyone for free.

Provider-places an ad, chooses to accept appointment, or not, keeps her $.
What's the difference? Alot!!

Hooker-works w/out pimp, works the streets, takes any amount of $ and gets to keep it.

Prostiute-pimp gets all her $, tells her when to work.

Whore-sleeps w/anyone and everyone for free.

Provider-places an ad, chooses to accept appointment, or not, keeps her $. Originally Posted by QueenSophie
This whole post...full of horse shit, it is...

Keep fooling yourself about what you are, and what others around you are, honey...
I prefer the term 'provider' with my clients. I have never heard other terms used verbally with me in person. I refer to my clients 'my friends' in conversation with them. And my long-term clients use the same term between us…"friends". We are friends fulfilling each others' needs. They need my company and I'll be happy to 'provide' that for them in exchange for their help to help me 'provide' for myself. :-)
But this is just me. If other people like different terms or don't care, then so be it. As long as everyone is happy.