You Cannot Make This Shit Up

from http://www.blackenterprise.com/news/...evement-award/

Sterling was already the beneficiary of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the NAACP back in 2009.

The NAACP awarded him that cherished distinction just weeks after former Clippers General Manager and retired NBA superstar Elgin Baylor sued Sterling for wrongful termination and discrimination on the basis of age and race.

yes you can
Just in time for Obaminable's lack luster Asia trip with no headlines.

The Great Racist Hunt.
  • Old-T
  • 04-29-2014, 04:14 AM
So now this is Sterling the hero, throwing himself onto the hand grenade to save a guy he probably despises. Sure, that makes a lit of sense.
This whole thing is making me sick.
Blacks are now saying this guy is like a slave owner from the 1800s because he worked blacks for his own advantage. RIGHT.
That would apply to any team owner.
The guy said this privately to his supposed girl friend. And honestly I have said the same kind of thing to my daughter when she thought she liked an AA young man.
I have many black friends that goes back to the 60s and 70s. And we still are. I don't want me daughter marrying one and guess what? They don't either!

How about how hypocritical the NAACP is! They change their mind after this incident? Did this guy change his whole personality? Has he always been a bigot or one with money which was ok with them.

This is another "Rush to judgement" by the media
So now this is Sterling the hero, throwing himself onto the hand grenade to save a guy he probably despises. Sure, that makes a lit of sense. Originally Posted by Old-T
Hope that's not directed at my observation!

Because mine has to do with the media coverage.

FYI: What Sterling said is even being distorted to fit the "profile"!

When is Eccie going on a witch hunt after providers with an "NBA POLICY"?

How many of you are going to stoke the fire after they are "on the stake"?
  • Old-T
  • 04-29-2014, 05:05 AM
The guy said this privately to his supposed girl friend.
At what point are billionaire public figures going to realize that whether it is right or not (and I don't think it is) they don't have private conversations. If it was "private" that doesn't make it more or less reprehensible.

And honestly I have said the same kind of thing to my daughter when she thought she liked an AA young man.
I have many black friends that goes back to the 60s and 70s. And we still are. I don't want me daughter marrying one and guess what? They don't either!
And guess what.....

How about how hypocritical the NAACP is! They change their mind after this incident? Did this guy change his whole personality? Has he always been a bigot or one with money which was ok with them.
Never said the NAACP was a fine, upstanding, intelligent group

This is another "Rush to judgement" by the media Originally Posted by mtnitlion
Rush to judgment? Unless the tape is fake I am not too sure where people are speeding. What positive spin can you put on this--and the fact you feel the same isn't a defense at all..
  • Old-T
  • 04-29-2014, 05:11 AM
Hope that's not directed at my observation!

Because mine has to do with the media coverage.
Nothing in your post indicated that.

FYI: What Sterling said is even being distorted to fit the "profile"!
No need to "distort". What he said was plenty bad enough as is.

When is Eccie going on a witch hunt after providers with an "NBA POLICY"?
Like the 2000+ post thread that has been pinned at the top for a long time?

How many of you are going to stoke the fire after they are "on the stake"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
It depends on the fire. In this particular case, sure I will. Others maybe so/maybe not, it depends what the situation is. Sterling has been a scum for a really long time.

The Great Racist Hunt. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Only the third post before someone wanted to suck Obies dick. Congrats LL you d one. 8 to 5 LL tries to turn this around.
  • CJ7
  • 04-29-2014, 11:47 AM

The Great Racist Hunt. Originally Posted by LexusLover

now it's NO headlines
Only the third post before someone wanted to suck Obies dick. Congrats LL you d one. 8 to 5 LL tries to turn this around. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You are the only one "turned around" ... still obsessed with dick sucking I see.
[COLOR=blue][I]It depends on the fire. Originally Posted by Old-T
Nothing in my post indicated I was suggesting that Sterling was trying to "steal the show" with his private comments to his (former) gf.... but had it not been for the media blitz .. you wouldn't know about it either ... so it is media driven.

In fact that seemed to be the "point" of the gf "leaking" it ... to the press. Wasn't Obaminable commenting about it a press conference overseas ..

.. the #1 Race Baiter in the U.S. after Sharpton and Jackson.
  • WTF
  • 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Nothing in my post indicated I was suggesting that Sterling was trying to "steal the show" with his private comments to his (former) gf.... but had it not been for the media blitz .. you wouldn't know about it either ... so it is media driven.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The media is a business....they run with stories that get the best ratings. Thus it is consumer driven.

From the coverage all outlets seem to be running with this one. Sad state of America IQ if you ask me.

We have become a victim society even when there is no victim?

Who the fuck did Donald Sterling hurt? Only folks that let words hurt them and the others are just stirring the pot for their own gain. Magic Johnson , saying the league should make him sell and then saying he'd be interested in buying! Fuck him.
  • CJ7
  • 04-29-2014, 12:50 PM
The media is a business....they run with stories that get the best ratings. Thus it is consumer driven.

From the coverage all outlets seem to be running with this one. Sad state of America IQ if you ask me.

We have become a victim society even when there is no victim?

Who the fuck did Donald Sterling hurt? Only folks that let words hurt them and the others are just stirring the pot for their own gain. Magic Johnson , saying the league should make him sell and then saying he'd be interested in buying! Fuck him. Originally Posted by WTF

Sterling should sell ... and collect 600 million he'd make ... that'd teach his ass a lesson huh Magic ?

This story going forward will be very interesting; prospective Clipper owners are very happy to manipulate the media to drive the value of the Clippers franchise down...then step in as new ownership and get a big market NBA team at a steep discount !

Only a matter of time before Jessie and Sharpton ramp up their media machines....it is probably a safe bet that the next owners of the LA Clippers will be a black majority ownership.