Upselling And The New Business Model

I've been a provider in Dallas for several years and I'm hearing some things from clients that really make me wonder. Specifically, about upselling. What I'm hearing from clients is that they think the ad is supposed to get them in the door and then there's a deal to be made. 0.o Really?

It seems this has become so prevalent that it's becoming accepted as the way business is done. I'm really not comfortable with this. I look at my ad as half of a contract. This is what I offer for that in return. You agree to it and poof! This is solid. Once a client is on my table, that's it. If there are any changes to our agreement, it'll take place next time. Not now. Even though, sometimes a session can get to the point that I could sell an air conditioner to an Eskimo. I don't do it. It's not right.

I've been in business here for about ten years and this is a business. That means my word has to mean something. If what I tell you is only a suggestion, where's the integrity in that? I make an effort to provide the best service I can but to me, that's worthless if my word is worthless. There has to be dependability. Or am I wrong and y'all like that element of the unknown? Is that part of the hunt? Is it part of getting all that you can from a provider?

But It seems I'm in the minority. Gents, what are your real thoughts on this? Ladies, do you think there's negotiating room after an appointment is set and how does that work? I know the industry has changed but explain this to me. I know not everyone participates in this practice. I'd love to hear from both camps.

I have no intention of changing and I take my business seriously. This isn't party money for me, it's my living. I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on this.
This is EXACTLY how I handle it too. But I constantly get guys trying to change the TYPE of session midstream. If I book a massage type appointment...It's NOT going to change to full service. That would mean I'd be talking about money, which I refuse to do.

It seems to be a common tactic with the younger ladies.
Upselling is just as annoying as haggling. Both sides are just trying to get more for less.
I guess I'm old but from the hobbyist side of the deal, I find negotiating on-site to be a total mood killer. In a negotiation, someone loses–at least a little bit–and that to me is not a great way to start a session. Worse yet, negotiating MID-SESSION. Ugh.
This is EXACTLY how I handle it too. But I constantly get guys trying to change the TYPE of session midstream. If I book a massage type appointment...It's NOT going to change to full service. That would mean I'd be talking about money, which I refuse to do.

It seems to be a common tactic with the younger ladies. Originally Posted by alaine
+1 NEVER EVER discuss $$. Huge no-no with me.
And, yes not only is it a mood killer, it is terribly "unclassy"! (if that is even a word).
I guess I'm old but from the hobbyist side of the deal, I find negotiating on-site to be a total mood killer. In a negotiation, someone loses–at least a little bit–and that to me is not a great way to start a session. Worse yet, negotiating MID-SESSION. Ugh. Originally Posted by groovyguy
Thank you! Mid session is often where it starts. I have to decline. No one has left mid-session but they attempt to persuade me, offering more money(unattractive), begging (equally unattractive), and using reason to get a change. i often hear that it's how it's done. I've been around enough to know that while there's always one, this can't be the new "norm".

I hope not, anyway.

It's nice to hear from some ladies that they have their own reasons for not changing terms. I'd still like to hear from the ones who do change them.

Carry on, y'all.
I haven't experienced the mid-session negotiation in years, but I'm seeing so few new ladies that maybe my sample size is too small.

I wonder how much of this is a result of the uptick in rates? More girls are trying to get more than $300/hour, which is a psychological barrier for a lot of guys. Women therefore are offering a "loss leader" rate that encourages them to upsell in session. Guys are encountering more haggling and figure "what's good for the goose...."

I may be totally off base on that theory, but it came to mind as I was viewing the price increases from some ladies that have been on my radar.
IMO, the advertised donation is what needs to be paid and the service rendered by the provider should be all inclusive.

The provider sets her own rates, and negotiating that rate with the provider by a hobbyist is petty and screams of him being a scumbag. He needs to know that is what he is going to pay or don't contact her. OTOH, from the hobbyist's POV, when a provider upcharges for other services anytime before or during the session, she is the petty one, not to mention unprofessional, and since this is a review and info exchange board, guys should let others know about it.

The only time that negotiation is okay to do is when a provider contacts a hobbyist and wants to see him, then he can negotiate away on her rate. A guy also needs to have proof of the initial contact as well to cover himself and would be better off not advertising the negotiated rate in a review or otherwise, making it between him and her.
I look at my ad as half of a contract. This is what I offer for that in return. You agree to it and poof! This is solid. Once a client is on my table, that's it.

But It seems I'm in the minority. Gents, what are your real thoughts on this? Originally Posted by Dharma
I agree completely. I feel much more comfortable knowing what the session is going to be and how much it costs once we have agreed to see each other. Upselling is a real turn off, and for my part, I would never try to change the terms in the middle of the session. I appreciate providers such as Dharma and Alaine in whose integrity I am confident.
I've seen about 30 women on this site and I have never been upsold. The only changes have been on my side. I felt like Greek once and I asked her about it. She said OK. Never discussed the up charge, but it's clearly on her ads and I paid her that rate. Other changes have been increasing time from 1 hour to 2, and I've paid the stated rate, usually +tip. I guess I've been fairly lucky, but I also research well. If this happens, it's probably with the new, pimped providers.

I think certain things are OK to up charge as long as it's clear in her showcase / ads. To me, that includes things like fetish play, Greek, etc. things that are out of the norm and require extra effort / prep.
  • grean
  • 11-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Upselling is a street walking whore tactic, plain & simple.

Your clients need to see you more & backpage hookers less.
Upselling is just as annoying as haggling. Both sides are just trying to get more for less. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
Perfect observation*AB*..I'm new to this and have considered changing my rates therefore all"I Offer"will be inclusive!!
  • BLM69
  • 11-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Upselling is just as annoying as haggling. Both sides are just trying to get more for less. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
Upselling can only be done once you arrive and get started usually after the agreed donation has been paid to the provider, So that would be a hustle, Haggling/negotiating is always done before even meeting and since this is a business and not match.com, I see nothing wrong with it
  • BLM69
  • 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Upselling is a street walking whore tactic, plain & simple.

Your clients need to see you more & backpage hookers less. Originally Posted by grean
Don't be fooled my friend, BP, SW, Eccie is all under the same umbrella, The rules remain the same or do you really believe you have found the holy grail here?
Upselling by indies sounds more like a Backpage thing. (And I've never seen a Backpage girl.) I guess if the lady is here on eccie, I would ASSUME she's more buttoned up and profession. But it sounds like there are some downers out there.

What I do like—and some ladies may not want to take time to type all this in their ad—are the options available for sessions. For example, maybe there's a higher level one (with FS and bells and whistles) and a lower level one offered (rub and L2). Just because I like different things at different times.