The Full Bar

What do you think of when you think of a "Fully stocked Bar" at someones house. I don't mean just the basics, I mean what would really impress you as something included in a "Fully Stocked Bar".
Taint photos ...
Shit im going to get drunk amd oh i used to bartend so i know some tricks too that is sweet to have a fully stocked bar.
in a session sense, I wouldn't be impressed, because I find alcohol detracts from a session, personally.. in a non-session setting, I expect my friends Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, some Bombay Gin, and Yuengling beer.
What do you think of when you think of a "Fully stocked Bar" at someones house. I don't mean just the basics, I mean what would really impress you as something included in a "Fully Stocked Bar". Originally Posted by LovingKayla

Some of the higher end boozes, whiskeys, vodkas etc. Also real nice glassware and equipment like shakers etc.
I notice as I get older, I get less interested in having a variety of drinks. Good bourbon, good gin (Fever Tree tonic is a must!)–maybe some nice tequila to shoot every once in a while.
What do you think of when you think of a "Fully stocked Bar" at someones house. I don't mean just the basics, I mean what would really impress you as something included in a "Fully Stocked Bar". Originally Posted by LovingKayla
San Pellegrino mineral water, 10 Thousand BC water, Del Maguey mezcal, and Aberlour A’bunadh cask strength scotch would pretty much do it for me, along with one of the better Tokaji aszu wines and Tecate beer.
Fever free tonic. Got it. That's what I need to hear. It's been a very long time since my bartending days and I don't stuff half way.
Well Gosh you're easy to please Whereto.
Someone that can cook up an original Raffles Hotel Singapore Sling, with the original
fresh ingredients. Fresh lime and pineapple juice are a must.

Might as well shoot for the moon.

http://www.food.com/recipe/the-raffl...ocktail-283673

At my point in life, only after; never before.

The very simple:
1. 8 oz. fine Merlot, blended reds, malbec
2. 4 oz with ice only fine Vodka-Kettle One, Grey Goose

Never expect such a aperitif. Does not guarantee a return visit either.

But you asked. My full bar is but two.

Now my bar for others: what I know they love. And how much.

PM for my refill list.
At my point in life, only after; never before.

The very simple:
1. 8 oz. fine Merlot, blended reds, malbec
2. 4 oz with ice only fine Vodka-Kettle One, Grey Goose

Never expect such a aperitif. Does not guarantee a return visit either.

But you asked. My full bar is but two.

Now my bar for others: what I know they love. And how much.

PM for my refill list. Originally Posted by doug_dfw
why do I expect Tara Evans at any moment?
Stocked Bar at home:
Tonic water, seltzer water, Margarita mix, sour mix, coco lopez, olives, marachino cherries, orange juice, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, grenadine, coke, ginger ale and sprite, sliced limes, and salt to rim a glass.

Vodka, gin, 12 yo scotch, rum, whiskey, tequilla (you pick the brands you like. Its good to have a less expensive mixing brand and an expensive sipping/shooting brand for each hard liquor except for vodka, gin and scotch....only have expensive brands).

Desorono, Chambord. Kahlua, Baily's Irish Creme, Peachtree shnapps, Yegermister, Blue Curacou, and a few other liquors.

Wine and beer.

A variety of high ball and low ball glasses, beer mugs, white and red wine glasses, shot glasses, martini glasses, Margarita glasses, and cordial glasses.

Shaker

With the above you can mix/make just about any drink that someone may want. To me this seems like the basics, but it seems to impress visitors at my place.

Yes, I used to tend bar.
To impress me with your fully stocked bar, I want to see Whisky from all regions of Scotland. And if you don't know your Whisky history, you will not impress.
Fully stocked bars have to cater to the wants and needs of the geeks of each discipline. I am a Whisky geek. I want to smell seaweed, taste glacier water, and feel like I'm above the arctic circle with my Whisky.
Right now, in on a Cambeltown binge, so it gonna take a really special bar to impress me. Won't happen in the states I assure you.
People buy whiskey that's NOT from Scotland?