Tarantino Casting Call for "Whores" - How do you feel about this?

Well... game of thrones did it...
So what?
It sure beats a liar
  • Aoi
  • 06-06-2016, 09:09 PM
It sure beats a liar Originally Posted by mrredcat43

He has the right to say what he wants , even if he's a moron
It sure beats a liar Originally Posted by mrredcat43
LOL brotha...
It happens.

Years ago, and I mean YEARS ago, I was contacted by the Jerry Springer show asking me to participate as a sex worker on the show. I don't remember the specifics. Someone probably saw an ad of mine or something.

And although this hasn't happened in years, I used to get (occasionally) people contacted me for a university "study" for PhD programs (that has happened more than once) and an occasional television show would cold call me asking if I was interested in appearing.

NEVER.

However, it's done. And I'm sure that there are sex workers who are interested in doing television, movies or those crazy reality shows (not sure which category Jerry Springer falls into or if he's even around any longer).

It's not offensive to be asked. So for the OP, I don't have specific "feelings" about it one way or another. But I would never put myself out there like that.
Quentin Tarantino is a piece of shit. Nuff said.
I hope he uses real footage in his movie rather than recycling scenes from another person's film.
Advocacy regarding more appropriate ways to regard sex workers is much more prevalent and visible these days. There's no way those folks didn't know that they could simply have framed the language differently.
Advocacy regarding more appropriate ways to regard sex workers is much more prevalent and visible these days. There's no way those folks didn't know that they could simply have framed the language differently. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Who knows if that blurb is even authentic. After reading it a second time, I have my doubts.

But I agree with what you're saying, Lena. However, I see (especially with the younger set) a lot of ladies using the word "whore" as a term of empowerment.

I don't particularly feel that way myself. I still find the word to be somewhat offensive but it is what it is. And the etymology can and does change, sometimes dramatically, over a period of time.
I hope he uses real footage in his movie rather than recycling scenes from another person's film. Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
He might need directions to the nearest burn ward.
Who knows if that blurb is even authentic. After reading it a second time, I have my doubts.

But I agree with what you're saying, Lena. However, I see (especially with the younger set) a lot of ladies using the word "whore" as a term of empowerment.

I don't particularly feel that way myself. I still find the word to be somewhat offensive but it is what it is. And the etymology can and does change, sometimes dramatically, over a period of time. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

I am a whore. Most men would be considered whores...
Quentin Tarantino is a piece of shit. Nuff said. Originally Posted by Billy Babitt
He's just gonna jerk off on their feet anyway...