I don't know if any of you are on this site....

If any of you use sugardaddyforme.com, be advised that not 25 minutes ago my computer was hacked and a worm is making its way through damaging everything. It comes in the form of Disk Antivirus Professional. It starts by wiping out your existing antivirus before you even know it is on your computer. Look up the DAP info, this is a nasty lil beast.
Worms are nasty lil beast
First thing I did when I got my new computer about 6 months ago was uninstall Norton AntiVirus. That's the biggest joke of a AntiVirus. Then I downloaded Microsoft Security Essential which is Free. You get the latest updates, which you can have automatically installed at certain times of the week. It seems to work for me because it catches most everything.
Instructions for removing the beast Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Are you needing some instructions?
I took it to BestBuy since I still have warranty geek squad protection and the damn thing was still worming even in safe mode. They said they had never seen a worm do that before. I should have it back by Thursday. So, I am reduced to working on a MAC.
Are you needing some instructions? Originally Posted by beezdat
That was a link to the page on the MalwareBytes forum that explains how to eradicate that particular beast.
So, I am reduced to working on a MAC. Originally Posted by GypsyHeart
Shoot, that's an upgrade.
That was a link to the page on the MalwareBytes forum that explains how to eradicate that particular beast. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Gotcha, I was on mobile and didn't see the hyperlink.
Mac is best
First thing I did when I got my new computer about 6 months ago was uninstall Norton AntiVirus. That's the biggest joke of a AntiVirus. Then I downloaded Microsoft Security Essential which is Free. You get the latest updates, which you can have automatically installed at certain times of the week. It seems to work for me because it catches most everything. Originally Posted by shorty
Microsoft Security Essentials Sucks

Get Avast or Nod32.
Sorry that happened to you GypsyHeart and that you are having to spend so much time and effort along with substantial inconvenience to get back to normal. It is good you have your warranty to let them help you with it. Nice of you to inform others.
Zone Alarm and Stop Sign are also good programs.
Gotcha, I was on mobile and didn't see the hyperlink. Originally Posted by beezdat
Maybe you should buy a computer.
I have Avast. So far, it is working pretty good.