Sporting Clays

Does anyone know of a good range that is open to the public? I enjoy shooting clays, I have heard that there may be a nice place on the Westbank, but I was wondering if anyone has been and can say how it is?

Also, I know the WMA has the range and you can take clays there, but the need for a LA hunting license precludes me from going there. Also, would be great if anyone knows of a shooting Clays range where you can also rent the shotguns there.

Thanks for any info!
Um yeah: if you know of one, don't PM disilene--post the answer. I'd like to know too.
only place on the westbank i know is a indoors range named bayou dragon in crown point. nicks in reserve is a pistol/rifle range. no skeet that i know of... most shooting places in the metairie/harahan area are indoor pistol type ranges theres a place in madisonville with a skeet range, pistol range, quail hunts and rifle range. tallow creek is the name. just google it. its a little ride so id call to check the hours and days open before going. i dont know about them or anyone renting any guns.....
The only one I know of is Hunters Run in Port Allen.
Yes there is one just past Belle Chasse I think the name of it is high point shotting range
Yes there is one just past Belle Chasse I think the name of it is high point shotting range Originally Posted by duckdog50
It's bow only now.
Southern Sporting Center
979 Louisiana 3185, Thibodaux, LA
(985) 448-1147
http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/
(something wrong with Web Site) will show up on a Google search.

Also there is one in Bayou Blue (which is just north of Houma)
I don't have the name right now but can find out tomorrow.
I've shot at both of these and recommend them equally.

Hope you enjoy.
Wow! Thanks y'all!
Covey Rise in Husser,LA
Also, I know the WMA has the range and you can take clays there, but the need for a LA hunting license precludes me from going there. Originally Posted by disilene
I used to be a hunter safety instructor. You don't have to have a hunting license to get on the WMA and use that range, well you didn't used to anyway ...

There's other options but I don't want to steer you wrong. Call up one of the local game wardens and just ask them what your options are.

The range officers won't check the license - they could care less. It's the game wardens roaming the WMA that could get you coming or going. However, I've yet to be checked a single time by the wardens and I use that range all the time.
Thanks for all the info! Also, it looks like there is a $5 per day license that non residents can buy which allows use of the WMA.

From what I have seen on the web, Honey Island Shooting range is pretty sweet.