Aetna CEO: Obamacare 'cannot be repealed, period'

• WTF
  • 08-04-2017, 08:43 AM
"It's really easy to fix this if they would just get over the politics of who is going to win the '18 election."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...z&ocid=U221DHP

I wish he'd tell us all how to fix it!
Aetna should be repealed, along with the rest of those fucking leeches.
"It's really easy to fix this if they would just get over the politics of who is going to win the '18 election."

I wish he'd tell us all how to fix it! Originally Posted by WTF
He also said single payer won't work. He also said the Feds money goes to help people pay their premiums. That means an entitlement not to mention the expansion of Medicaid. So he wants more money. Of course he does. Does the ACA doe anything to control what HC providers charge? Do they publish their pricing? No. They just hand you a bill. They don't compete. Maybe that genius should go to the Hill and propose a fix. I bet it would include more money from the Feds.
Are you WKing for the insurance companies again, EATLER?
Are you WKing for the insurance companies again, EATLER? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You can't read PIG
  • grean
  • 08-04-2017, 10:12 AM
He also said single payer won't work. He also said the Feds money goes to help people pay their premiums. That means an entitlement not to mention the expansion of Medicaid. So he wants more money. Of course he does. Does the ACA doe anything to control what HC providers charge? Do they publish their pricing? No. They just hand you a bill. They don't compete. Maybe that genius should go to the Hill and propose a fix. I bet it would include more money from the Feds. Originally Posted by bambino
Yeah, the industry isn't really setup to make them compete.

If there are two GPs side by side and one of them charges more than the other, if a person has insurance the more expensive GP accepts, then the insurance has to absorb the higher cost. The patient, if it's a covered procedure doesn't see it then. Next year, everyone's premiums slide up.

I wonder what percent hospital charges and what percent GP charges account for the total billed amount to isurers?
They jack the price up to reflect that they're accepting 50% reimbursement.

But if you offer cash, the price will be considerably lower.
Even Twitler is singing your praises, EATLER!

I wonder what percent hospital charges and what percent GP charges account for the total billed amount to insurers? Originally Posted by grean
Probably on an average of about 25% what is actually invoiced. The insured really ought to look at the billings by their providers, and most particularly hospitals. They charge you for shit you don't get and it's marked up sometimes 300%. The other game is "billing codes" ... They will end up assigning 2-3 and sometimes 4 billing codes to the same procedure to boost the invoicing to the carrier.

Historically providers (medical care providers) increase their billing rates this year so they can get more next year on the same billing, because their code rates are based on historical billing "experience" ...

What a lot of patients don't "understand" is the provider contracts with the carrier to ACCEPT what the carrier pays the provider and the provider is not supposed to collect the difference from the patient ... just any contracted copays.

So a CEO says you can't repeal it, so move on.. And we are supposed to take HIM seriously??
"Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini received $41 million in compensation last year, with $38.2 million of the package due to gains in value on restricted stock granted from 2013 to 2015 and on stock options he was awarded 10 years earlier and exercised during 2016.

"The total was up from $27.9 million in 2015."

http://www.courant.com/business/conn...411-story.html

He must speak the truth. Looks how much he makes!!!!
"Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini received $41 million in compensation last year, with $38.2 million of the package due to gains in value on restricted stock granted from 2013 to 2015 and on stock options he was awarded 10 years earlier and exercised during 2016.

"The total was up from $27.9 million in 2015."

http://www.courant.com/business/conn...411-story.html

He must speak the truth. Looks how much he makes!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Poor guy.

He (Britoni) already has. He wants the ACA law changed slightly so that health insurance plans can have up to 7 or 8 minimum benefits for people who are younger and less risky. The current ACA law is all health insurance plans (policy) must have the 10 minimum benefits. These types of policies would be cheaper and would encourage younger people to buy them. This would lead to more balanced risk pools. The link was posted several month ago. Don't have time to look for it now.
Poor guy. Originally Posted by bambino
Group health insurance is quite profitable. The insurance risk pools are balanced for that market. Don't forget Aetna is only selling health insurance in about 7 states on the "government exchanges". Britoni took Aetna out of most states after the first year because the risk pools were not balanced.
Poor guy. Originally Posted by bambino
And notice when his portfolio peaked and when he cashed in on it.

During the Government subsidies and BEFORE they dried up.