The value of the occasional review

A few marketing thoughts on reviews. Fewer good reviews may be better than a lot of good reviews. We all want to be special. We all want to find what others have missed. So, my counsel to providers:ask your clients not to do a review, or simply comment in an existing review(such as, ("Agree with XYZ.") Put the price point at 350 to 450 an hour. The higher the price, the better we think the services of the provider will be. Same in my profession. Bottom line:suggest you are exclusive, reap the rewards.
Hobby marketing and economics defy logic ... Do not try.
A few marketing thoughts on reviews. Fewer good reviews may be better than a lot of good reviews. We all want to be special. We all want to find what others have missed. So, my counsel to providers:ask your clients not to do a review, or simply comment in an existing review(such as, ("Agree with XYZ.") Put the price point at 350 to 450 an hour. The higher the price, the better we think the services of the provider will be. Same in my profession. Bottom line:suggest you are exclusive, reap the rewards. Originally Posted by outoftheblue
That is absolutely not true, because the higher the price something is does not necessarily mean the service will definitely be better or it's a better deal, be it in this kind of business or anything else.

As for as providers go, I have seen the ones that charge a donation of 350+ an hour, all the way down to the providers the charge less than 200 for an hour, and to be honest, other than my wallet being lighter, there is really not that much difference in the quality of service.
I agre that a higher price does not mean better service. But a higher price suggests that the service will be better and more exclusive. Raising prices often creates more business, not less.
You are right it does SUGGEST that it might possibly be better service if the rates are higher, and sure the providers will make more money and not have to see as many guys to get their goal, but it does not get them more business, if anything, it will get them less business and their phones will ring less frequently. Not to mention the fact that whenever a hobbyist sees a provider it has a higher rate than most providers, and the service is just about the same as sometimes even worse, then that is really going to make them feel like crap, as they could have seen a couple of providers instead of just the one.

I do not know what kind of business you're in, but as an example, if there are two gas stations that are on the same street and they both have different prices for the same gas, I believe the 1 that has the less expensive price per gallon would get more business. I think your theory is a bit flawed.
Some provider charge $350+ a hour, but 3 hour Dinner date price @$500-$600. Reasonable overnight fee of $1000 Plus minus $200. I think this is a fair arrangement. Sometime you just want a hour BCD with a provider give good service. Yet some time you want to met for dinner/drink and one hour BCD afterward. My best experience is an over night with dinner/drinks, follow by dacing, checking out strip joints together, a couple hours of BCD, and fall asleep together. wake up with room service. What guys don't want to pay $1000-$1200 for that.
This way provider get a few regulars for long appointment, and keep their volume low enough. Why not?
The higher the price, the better we think the services of the provider will be. Originally Posted by outoftheblue
Men here aren't that stupid.
Not too many guys get overnights or that would be an awesome theory! I can see both viewpoints and I argue with them myself. Sometimes a $50 difference either way can land you more calls. Having a high donation means you should see less guys but that is not necessarily true. Some ladies will take as many as she can get and still ends up high volume at a higher rate. Usually a girl is more open and/or prettier at a higher rate... Not to say there are not pretty ladies at a lower rate because Dallas has tons of good looking women!
RyansFun-You look good-Marked
I've found no correlation between price and quality of service.

That said, everybody on my review list has one stellar review after another. As a result, I've hardly been a risk taker in arriving at my price/service conclusions. However, the 2 best sessions I've had so far were pretty far apart on the price spectrum -- one at less than 200 for the hour and the other at 300. Both are extremely attractive and both provide stellar (and very similar) services. So, like I said, I find no correlation between price and service.

As for the frequency and content of reviews, 2 things stand out to me: 1) the most important information about providers is often found in the restricted access/premium content areas of this board where the gloves are off -- stuff you'll never read about in reviews can be found there, and white knights don't fare so well in those secret (lol) confines...so don't think the reviews tell the whole story...they DON'T!); and 2) a successful provider with a lot of repeat business will usually (but not always) have fewer reviews than the flavors of the month. On the last point, I have about 3 ladies in my current rotation and I see them all at least once a month (usually more), but I don't write a review after every visit. There's just no point since I covered the important topics in the existing review(s) and they don't need the publicity. You'll also find that even some of the more heavily reviewed ladies (such as Jessica UTR) don't get too many reviews these days. Why? Because they're established and the "book" on them has been fully developed/written. It's NOT because they aren't still wildly popular. They are. Very much so. You won't find those ladies responding to every other ISO, either. They don't have to (no offense intended to those who do -- you do what you gotta do). Their reputations are already fully developed, and that's often the result of well written reviews. Not every provider will inspire the kind of effort it takes to write a really good review. Take someone like Dannie, for example -- the reviews are usually so well written that each essentially serves as the equivalent of a half dozen reviews in the eyes of the descriminating hobbyist. Read any 3 of her reviews (just pick 3 at random) and you'll know you're in for a session that is far beyond the ordinary. Same thing with one of my current favorites (Kendall4U)...look at the degree of detail (tasteful detail...well, usually...lol) that she inspires. Neither of these ladies is heavily reviewed, but they don't have to be in order to be successful. The guys writing those reviews come back over and over again. I would think that's the goal.

Sorry if I went beyond the scope of the thread. But there all that is for whatever it might be worth. Also sorry if I embarassed anybody by naming names
Men here aren't that stupid. Originally Posted by RandomBlkChick

Sure they are.
I couldnt disagree more. The higher the price the more i think they DO NOT need my business. Reviews or no review.

My personel thoughts are reviews have become less about conveying information and more about the conquest. They're pretty much just entertaintment value now.

I've only had a few encounters in that range and by far the best experiences i've ever had are with providers that charge far less than that. My ATF was less than 200 when we met and to this day is still the best experience i've had and set the bar pretty high for others. (PS, shes been mentioned on this thread and doesnt have a ton of reviews)

Providers have told me on many occasions that they've raised there prices not to meet a certain financial need but to weed out the A-holes, Really? like A-holes dont have money? You wanna weed out A-holes that's what screening does. You wanna weed out 80% of your client base, raise your prices.

I'd like to hear what providers think if they all charged $300 - 400. I would think the pool would get very small and the competion fierce but i wouldnt be here to see it.
I have had guys ask me why my rates are so low and give me advice to raise them a lil bit but mosty of the time the guys do tip good afterwards and tend to come back again anyways. I think 200 and hour is reasonable but I tested the theory of advice and started charging 250 an hour and still got tipped, and this works for me because I do not see many guys anyways. I do get the occasional haggers who try and get me to lower my rates and I just ignore those types of people.
While the purpose of this board is to share information, but in reality they only want to share information of why a providers rates are to high. Well everyone doesn't want to drive a cheap car. Some guys only recognize good service being how quick they can get off. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I happen to agree with you outoftheblue!
I want an overnight with ryansfun.