Do providers join hotel loyalty programs?

Maybe this has been covered, but I figured I'd ask, if for no other reason than it's late and I have nothing better to do. lol.

Since most of the better hotels require an actual ID to check in, do providers that use a hotel as an incall register for hotel loyalty programs? It just seems like they'd be able to reach a pretty high level if they did.
  • Jaci
  • 10-08-2012, 02:51 AM
I belong to loyalty programs but when you use Priceline or Hotwire it doesnt
go towards your points.. But its usualy worth it especially if you bid you can
get a much cheaper rate....
FYI I answered because I was bored!!!! lol
Kisses,Jaci
No one that uses the discount search engines qualify for the points of a loyalty program.
My girlfriend is in one and has racked up a bunch of points she says its a lifesaver especially while traveling!
If you're booking using your own money, the occasional free night accumulated through loyalty points when a hotel is booked outside of Hotwire/Priceline type sites hardly offsets the higher rates. If your company is paying, then the free loyalty points are a nice perk.

For example, over time if you can book a four star on Priceline at $70 per night for a total of 10 nights, that's $700 total before taxes and fees. That same four star would likely be $120 to $150 per night. So let's use the $120 lower rate. That would be $$1,200 for the same 10 nights, an additional $500. You might generate one free stay with the accrued ten nights. At $120, you're still behind by over $300.

Loyalty hotel points are simply not worth it, unless your business is paying the hotel bill.

Just my $0.02.
  • Jaci
  • 10-08-2012, 08:36 AM
I so agree!!!! and btw Tony Im still waiting on Jack-in-the-box!!!! lol
Come & Kiss Me, Jaci
I use them with several major chains, I also rack up on Ffm
Hell yes, I use them.
I so agree!!!! and btw Tony Im still waiting on Jack-in-the-box!!!! lol
Come & Kiss Me, Jaci Originally Posted by Jaci
Jaci, would you like your Sourdough Jack done medium well?